It should be almost here, you know what i'm talking about

Xboi

Reaction score
Thanks Warped1987!

Just going kinda line by line it seems pretty close to what I have now. Is there a place where someone has listed the line by line or details on the differences between the ROMs that are available?

Xboi

Xboi

warped1987

Reaction score
From what I understand, the makers of those apps pay verizon to pre load them on the phone. Verizon makes a quick buck,99% of people who buy phones don't care about the bloatware, and we're the complaining 1%.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

yeah, a huge percentage of people buy these smart phones just for the TXT, calling, and maybe install a cool app or two...well that in my opinion, is not what smart phones are all about. And having all this bloatware shouldn't be what it's all about either, taking up all this space, and not allowing me to do with the phone as I please.

Reaction score
So, I uninstalled Bootstrap. Using Estrong, I don't see the hijack file in /preinstall or system/preinstall.

I may have to SBF... but I would prefer to use Estrong to delete what I don't need, any ideas?

Byakushiki

Reaction score
The hijack file is under the recovery folder in system/preinstall
Battery pull a couple times, see if custom recovery pops up
And you did delete the bootstrap logwrapper and rename logwrapper.bin to logwrapper, right?
If all those are done, and clockwork's gone, I think that's it.
There's an adb way but I have no clue how to run that (tried once, computer...refused)
EDIT: There's another logwrapper under preinstall/recovery, I think that has to go aswell, not sure
Just wait, try the update without deleting that one, if it fails, delete it, give it another take
I'm out for the night now, exams...

Last edited:

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
Anyone who received soak email please contact P3Droid over at mydroidworld. He will tell you what steps to take to find the file once it has made its way to your device.

All of us other D2G owners will be extremely grateful for your contribution to the community! :clap:

Reaction score
I bought Root Explorer (I was long overdue anyway), and saw the files I needed to modify/delete. Thank you so much for the help! The phone is rebooting as we speak!

OP
The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Anyone who received soak email please contact P3Droid over at mydroidworld. He will tell you what steps to take to find the file once it has made its way to your device.

All of us other D2G owners will be extremely grateful for your contribution to the community! :clap:

You can also contact him over at twitter.
I got the e-mail but the 2nd email they sent I read wrong and reregistered for the project(which I think killed my chances)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Over at motorolas website you can sign up for a "feedback program"(not 100% on the name) and you sign up for the forum at their site. You provide your info and take a quick survey and after your done they'll contact you if anything comes up.
I definitely did not expect to get an email for the soak test, they say not to talk about it but that's not gonna stop it lol

rusty815

Reaction score
well i just signed up, pretty sure im not gonna get the email but maybe in the future ill get one of the minor updates :p

bgrade

Reaction score
quick one, i'm outside of the US, when its time for the OTA, will i get it too, or will someone have to provide the file for people like me?

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
I signed up yesterday but didn't realize that there was a second registration. Most likely its too late but hopefully we all get to taste the bread soon. I'm still not sure if I want to upgrade to stock gb.

Sent from my B/W Angelic D2G using DroidForums

Last edited:

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Odd, I can't open the link. Is registration over?