It should be almost here, you know what i'm talking about

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Assuming they push it to your phone, it'll probably be downloaded and be stored somewhere in cache or data in the internal memory. Just pull it out with a root explorer onto an sd card perhaps? If it isn't in system, probably just somewhere on sd card then :)

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Its nice to see the droid 2 global finally get some gingerbread love. I've loved it on my droid 2 and droid pro.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
If it were me, I'd just set up a transparent HTTP proxy like Squid for the D2G temporarily, disable data, and tell it to update via WiFi. Chances are, the update is fetched over HTTP and the full request URL for the file will be present in Squid's log files.

This requires intermediate *NIX/Linux systems administration skills, though.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea at any rate though

silver6054

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea at any rate though

I assume that, like the X, installing this will lose root, and, unlike the X, there is no preloaded root version, right?

Also, the Verizon page refers to preinstalled Flash player 10.2. I already have 10.3, hopefully this can be upgraded!

cpbergie

Reaction score
Thats what im worried about. I would have to go back to stock, take the soak and lose root. Which would be tough to swallow.

anguish

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but to get a stable device, I'm willing to sacrifice root. I'll miss Titanium Backup and a few other things, but egads..

Hopefully root will return though at some point.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Chances are though, we can sbf back to 2.2 if we ever want to go back.

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Lets just say I also received a similar email about a certain thing going on with a certain phone.

OP
The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Lets just say I also received a similar email about a certain thing going on with a certain phone.

Good to know that more people are getting invited to this cooking class

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

ben7337

Reaction score

Glad people are discussing it here, I would have completely overlooked that certain email from today.

OP
The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Im not sure if i'll get in the soak test but when this happened to the dx a few weeks ago, wasn't the ota for gb available a few days after?

ben7337

Reaction score
Im not sure if i'll get in the soak test but when this happened to the dx a few weeks ago, wasn't the ota for gb available a few days after?

The internet says May 27th Droid 2 Soak Test, June 1, GB release date. So yeah, it went off without any issues at all and people got the update like 5-6 days after the soak test began.

OP
The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
I was beginning to have some doubt, the other moto devices have already gotten the update/or at least had a leak. But this has been great news