It looks like Thunderbolt will be my first smartphone

birdcrazie

Reaction score
What will I be able to do with this phone. Turn by turn GPS? Skype? Videos? Hulu? What do you do most on your smartphone?

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Everything. Play games, email, surf the web, control my pc, read the forum, facebook, check the weather, stream audio, take and upload pics to photobucket, read books, watch movies and tons of other things, but those are my main daily activities.

Also looking forward to the thunderbolt!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

clucernoni

Reaction score
What will I be able to do with this phone. Turn by turn GPS? Skype? Videos? Hulu? What do you do most on your smartphone?
One thing I would suggest you do is get PlayOn. You can have a 14 day free trial to test it out. You run the server on your home computer, and when you download the app (on your phone), just connect to your home wifi and it will set up all the mobile access settings for you. It allows you to watch hulu, netflix, cbs, etc right on your phone from anywhere.It's flash based, so it will work on the TB, and you won't have to wait until the netflix app comes out. The server costs like 40 bucks for the first year and 20 for each year after, but it's well worth it in my opinion. At the very least check it out.

OP
B

birdcrazie

Reaction score
Everything. Play games, email, surf the web, control my pc, read the forum, facebook, check the weather, stream audio, take and upload pics to photobucket, read books, watch movies and tons of other things, but those are my main daily activities.

Also looking forward to the thunderbolt!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Do you need a app to read books? Is it like Kindle

OP
B

birdcrazie

Reaction score
One thing I would suggest you do is get PlayOn. You can have a 14 day free trial to test it out. You run the server on your home computer, and when you download the app (on your phone), just connect to your home wifi and it will set up all the mobile access settings for you. It allows you to watch hulu, netflix, cbs, etc right on your phone from anywhere.It's flash based, so it will work on the TB, and you won't have to wait until the netflix app comes out. The server costs like 40 bucks for the first year and 20 for each year after, but it's well worth it in my opinion. At the very least check it out.

I only have dial up on my home computer

clucernoni

Reaction score

Where are you from? Do you have 4g coverage in your area? If you do, you can wirelessly tether your home computer to your thunderbolt and get rid of dialup lol. It will be much faster!

I didn't know people still used dial up!:p

OP
B

birdcrazie

Reaction score

Where are you from? Do you have 4g coverage in your area? If you do, you can wirelessly tether your home computer to your thunderbolt and get rid of dialup lol. It will be much faster!

I live in WV and we don't have 4G yet. I only use the internet at home when I have to. Sat. is the only other option. Can I tether 3G?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I live in WV and we don't have 4G yet. I only use the internet at home when I have to. Sat. is the only other option. Can I tether 3G?

Yes, you can tether 3G.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow.. yes you can tether 3G all day long and will be much better then dial up.. Root and wifi tether. The best thing to happen to phones.. You will love being with the T-bolt if this is your first smartphone..

OP
B

birdcrazie

Reaction score
Wow.. yes you can tether 3G all day long and will be much better then dial up.. Root and wifi tether. The best thing to happen to phones.. You will love being with the T-bolt if this is your first smartphone..

Will I have to root? I don't care about wifi I would be happy with usb

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Yes you will have to root unless you just plan on using the stock option from Verizon which is an extra 20 a month I believe.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
B

birdcrazie

Reaction score
Yes you will have to root unless you just plan on using the stock option from Verizon which is an extra 20 a month I believe.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I assume there will be instructions on how to do that soon

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

No you do not have to root....PDAnet will usb tether all day long.....

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 and it does GREAT!

No you do not have to root....PDAnet will usb tether all day long.....

DroidForums Junkie!!