It Just Turns itself OFF

sabo

Reaction score
OK..it has happened 2 times today..stock phone 75% Battery..one time listening to music..second time just setting on the Desk..no WiFi, no nothing..Who else has had this problem?

noorigin

Reaction score
OK..it has happened 2 times today..stock phone 75% Battery..one time listening to music..second time just setting on the Desk..no WiFi, no nothing..Who else has had this problem?

its happened to me 2 or 3 times since day one, launch day

doublea500

Reaction score
2 recommendations i have for you.

1. do a factory reset (note this destroys ALL your stuff)
2. call/go to a verizon store.

you have not tampered with the phone so it can have faulty hardware.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I agree with D-500. Do a Factory Reset. These are a bit of hassle on the Gnex because it will wipe your sdcard. But start off by making sure you have all your media files and any other files you placed on the sdcard backup to your computer and then do the factory reset and follow these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Backup & Reset setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. 4. Open the Market app and accept the market terms. 5. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install.

If your problem persists after this, contact Verizon.

Good luck.

wcjeep

Reaction score
Mine restarts after buying something. I figured it was a bug related.to https.

GenieAngel

Reaction score
Mine was fully charged before I went to bed. I looked at it when I woke up and it had about 90% battery. An hour later it had turned itself off so I tried to turn it back on and it wouldn't come back on.

I thought, how did the battery go bad so fast?? So I tried recharging it and still no luck, it wouldn't power up and there wasn't even any visual that it was charging the battery. I checked on internet and they said to remove battery for 5 minutes and it should turn on again, tried that 4x during the evening but no luck.

This was on New Years' Eve so I couldn't take it to the store for a few days due to the holiday. In the meantime the battery completely drained itself. So today I figured I should charge it so Verizon could take a look at it. Now that it was 3 days later with a drained battery when I plugged it in, it finally was charging! It still didn't turn on for me but it did for the verizon guy.

When he opened he said, no wonder it was acting funny, you have the "Lookout" mobile security app on your phone. This causes nothing but trouble. So I immediately took it off since I have another "where's my droid" app anyway.

I hope that works!

Abs

Reaction score
Reboot into stock recovery and wipe cache that might work

Sent From My Sexy Nexy

I would try this first ^ before wiping data. Has cleared up many different issues for me in the past

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums