It Just keeps Coming

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well it just keeps on coming these days. I have been getting a ton of info from VZW lately. earlier today I had a visitor from VZW who had a minor talk with me about some upcoming changes. We left it at that for a while but now comes the picture to post up for you!!!

VZW is going to have a name change to "Verizon"! Even more on that is the new catch phrase " Rule the Air "..........We won't be seeing the test man anymore. Not even in commercials! Guess that means no more of "can you hear me now"

It looks to me the Verizon is offensive and they even think so too!!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hahahahaha I think he meant they are on the offensive.

Sent from my Droid

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Can someone explain why we care about this exactly?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Can someone explain why we care about this exactly?
I don't think its so much as caring about it as it is about seeing Verizon evolve and take on a sort of facelift.

The " can you hear me now" Guy has been a stable in their advertising for a while along with their map commercials.

Its time for a change and they are making that change. Is it earth shattering news? No, but for me I like to see company's think ahead and move with the times.

Sent from my Droid

its.mike

Reaction score
Shouldn't this have been added tot the first thread on Verizon re branding itself?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
verizon-rule-the-air.jpg

Zahoor

Reaction score
There is no name change...engadget updated the article there just gonna use the logo

Reaction score
That would explain the 90# banners that've been shipping all over the country for the last week. 14' by 48' is a big freaking banner.

OP
M

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the 27 page PDF on this on the posted BGR slide came from that same PDF. It says no where on it VZW....its Verizon now....and not VZW either. Though it may stay VZW for corprorate and all.........so the branding ad campaign is what i am talking about