1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

It is possible tha th Moto Droid can go out of fasion?

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by erikfig, Jun 22, 2010.

1. erikfig

erikfig New Member

I'm pretty impressed with this phone day by day but... it is possible that with the new phones the developers forget about the Moto Droid???

Please tell me no... I don't see an reason why to upgrade to new phone, the Droid is Super powerful!!
  2. thorn11166

thorn11166 New Member

no, the droid is like the nexus, its going to continue to be updated and still be more powerful than alot of devices to come, i honestly think that in 6 months that the droid will still be more powerful than most smartphones to come to market.
  3. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

no google is still making phones that run android so if they make an update for that, it will most likely come out for the droid. no worries :)
  4. Anarchist310000

Anarchist310000 New Member

i think it got till the end of 2010 then its a rap with Motorola Droid Pro coming at the end of this year with a 2ghz processor the droid, no matter how much i love it, will be pushed to the wayside.
  5. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Absolutely. That's how fashion works. If you bought the Droid only because it's fashionable then you bought it for the wrong reason IMO.

Usefulness, on the other hand...
  6. SiLVERFIRE

SiLVERFIRE New Member

What about the Droid Incredible and Droid X? I mean I don't really care for them at all because I love the physical keyboard on my Moto Droid. The only thing that makes me a tad envious is the processor power, but even then I have SetCPU and Smoked Glass 6.0.1 rooted.
  7. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

The Moto Droid will continue to be a powerhouse for the foreseeable future. Probably not until this time next year will you see a TRUE successor to the Droid. The reason I say this is that even though the Droid 2 is going to be an excellent device it is little more than a hardware refresh of the Droid. When the Droid Pro / God Phone comes out that is when a true successor to the Droid will be here.
  8. MJ5150

MJ5150 New Member

Yep. The Droid will be out of style by the end of the calendar year 2010. I know I will have moved on to something newer by then.

-Mike
  9. scrizzo

scrizzo New Member

You read my mind, hahaha.

I really think it has until the end of this year before it stops being updated by Verizon which could be a good thing. Not sure what Gingerbread has in store but hopefully it will be leaps and bounds over FroYo since there should be better tech out by then. That doesn't mean that the ROM community won't develop for it though.
Search tags for this page

www.htc asphalt moto.com