It Is Dangerous To Chase Pokemon In Fukushima Radiation Zone?!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Apparently Pokemon are more important than life itself. We have seen people stop in the middle of traffic, step off the side of a cliff, and now waltz through a RADIATION ZONE just to snag a couple of Pokemon. This game is becoming as life altering as Flappy Bird. The Fukushima Radiation Zone is a place where a nuclear meltdown occurred which spilled radio active waste all around the surrounding areas. It seems that enough dummies crossed the fence there that TEPCO had to issue an official warning to Pokemon trainers attempting to hit up pokestops inside the area.

TEPCO has even requested that this radiation zone be removed from the game which is actually not a bad idea. Some of you have argued here that Pokemon Go could be a good tool for removing idiots from the population. I wouldn't go that far. Is it our responsibility to remain safe while playing a game or should Niantic scour the globe for "unsafe" places and remove them from their global map?

via Japan Times

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Is it natural selection that were allowing that to pour into the Pacific and it's reaking havoc on aquatic life all over ?? Sorry off topic... lol seriously we need to do something about that thing.

Last edited:

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
I work on an army base and there are no pokemon or pokestops anywhere near us or on the surrounding roads owned by the army. The commanding general also issued an order saying no soldiers are to be playing while on duty or at anytime while in uniform whether on or off base. I'm guessing he's not a fan? LOL

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Natural Selection... SMH
You imply death, but what about the other option? What if instead, these people develop Pokemon like superpowers from walking through the radiation? Then they will be naturally selecting us...with lightning from their hands, or fire pouring out of their mouths.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You imply death, but what about the other option? What if instead, these people develop Pokemon like superpowers from walking through the radiation? Then they will be naturally selecting us...with lightning from their hands, or fire pouring out of their mouths.
ROFL

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I work on an army base and there are no pokemon or pokestops anywhere near us or on the surrounding roads owned by the army. The commanding general also issued an order saying no soldiers are to be playing while on duty or at anytime while in uniform whether on or off base. I'm guessing he's not a fan? LOL

As it should be, IMHO.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

I totally missed this post yesterday. That is too funny! :D

R

RETG

Pokemon Go could be a good tool for removing idiots from the population. I wouldn't go that far.
I will, it is called gene pool cleansing and we are in dire need of it.
I'm also in favor of removing all safety labels and letting the problem of stupidity solve itself. Rollingonfloorlaughing.gif

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
it's not our job to keep them safe, honesly, natural selection at it's finest, it's about time the gene-pool gets cleaned a bit