It is always loading data...

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by stanwelks, Dec 28, 2009.

1. stanwelks

stanwelks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Recently it started to display an indicator in the window shade under ongoing that it is loading data. I do not remember it doing this before and when I clear it, it is still there. I think this is for one of my email accounts and it is eating up my battery.

Any idea why it is doing this?

2. bass_lover1

bass_lover1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can you narrow it down to exactly what "it" is? Figure out what app is causing this, then maybe we can go from there.

Unfortunately without having the phone in front of us, I don't think we'll get very far with out more details.

3. SGTiger

SGTiger Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If it is a round icon with circular arrows, it is continuously syncing. Go to settings, then Accounts and Sync Settings. Choose your gmail account and see if either Contacts, Calendar, or Gmail is syncing nonstop.

I had the problem where my calendar would not stop syncing, and nothing I tried would stop it. With advice from viperboy (Verizon tech), I finally had to reset my phone which is a royal pain because you have to install your apps again, home pages, etc... Hope you don't have to do this.

4. stanwelks

stanwelks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It is from one of my exchange email accounts. I just killed it and the icon went away. It is an icon with a bunch of small circles forming a larger circle, though there are a couple of the small circles missing, almost as if it should be animated and show the small circles forming as its progress completes, though the icon never does anything.

It does seem to be downloading my exchange email...

Search tags for this page
android always loading data
android constantly loading
data always loading inphone
eclipse always loading data
eclipse android data reloading
eclipse loading data

eclipse loading data for android

eclipse loading data for android 2.2æ­»

loading data for android

loading data for android eclipse