It Freezes Sometimes & Other Issues

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by mtavenger55, Nov 26, 2010.

1. mtavenger55

mtavenger55 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I got my Pro on Tuesday & the first 2 days the phone worked fine. I like the keyboard & the call quality seems fine to me but once in a while when I'm web browsing or playing a game (the last 2 days) the screen would freeze & I would have to take the battery out & reset it. Today I was going from one home screen to another & it happened again. Now I'm visiting family in the mountains for Thanksgiving & the service isn't the best so I'm using that as an excuse but if it keeps doing this when I get home after a week I'll return it for the X. Is anyone else's Pro's screen keep freezing? Also not a big deal but when I txt & use the "&" symbol keeps sticking to the word before even after I hit the space key. Not a big deal I just have to go back & correct it. Just seeing if anyone else is experiencing these things. I like the phone so far I'm just experiencing those things.

~Matt

2. bwhite757

bwhite757 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately I have to say I have also seen this. Not with the browser, but with the home screen (LauncherPro), and yes I've personally ruled it as a service issue as I only notice it do this when I'm driving home from work (65 mile rural commute, very spotty service). However the screen always comes back to life when I regain 3g service.

3. bb_or_droid

bb_or_droid Member

Ratings:
    +1
    FWIW, I've not seen this and I received mine on the 12th.

4. mtavenger55

mtavenger55 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think (hope) like bwhite757 it has to do with location. Also there was a racing game I downloaded & everytime I would play it the phone would freeze so I got rid of that game. Btw while on facebook it says at the bottom to download the fb app for your Droid 2 lol. I just thought that was funny.

5. bwhite757

bwhite757 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Be careful with the 3rd party apps you download, especially the free games. A poorly written app can cause unwanted Mayhem on your phone.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

6. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    The thing with the symbols getting linked with the previous word happens on all motorola droid phones. Something to do with their auto correct I think. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

7. bwhite757

bwhite757 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, what he said...

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

8. mtavenger55

mtavenger55 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I used my phone the entire 4 hour drive home & it worked fine. It froze 1 time but again I was playing a game so I think that had something to do with it. I listened to my favorite hockey team (the Flyers) on the radio from their full website & played around with the Adobe Flash player & was impressed. I have not had any problem with the call quality even when I was in the area with little to no service. Also I put a few MP3 files on the phone today & it worked fine. I'll see how this week goes, so far I like it. Also I took a few pics & a video this week. I'll post my review sometime tomorrow along with the pics & video in a different thread.

Search tags for this page

i have a droid revolution and sometimes it goes to home scre

motorola droid pro screen freezing

motorola pro screen freezing