Issues you've detected on the leaked gingerbread(D2G Gingerbread Problem thread)

Slipshod

Reaction score
The lighting on the haptic buttons seems to have a mind of it's own, and I've had several reboots (twice this morning in the last 15 minutes too!). Of course, I was one of the folks who had regular reboots on Froyo, so it's not much of a change in that regard...

Can't wait for the Nexus Prime, so I can ditch Moto...

anguish

Reaction score
The lighting on the haptic buttons seems to have a mind of it's own, and I've had several reboots (twice this morning in the last 15 minutes too!). Of course, I was one of the folks who had regular reboots on Froyo, so it's not much of a change in that regard...

Can't wait for the Nexus Prime, so I can ditch Moto...

Seems to be an issue with the combination of the proximity sensor and the light sensor. No idea why, but when I go into Elixir and turn them both on, the lighting seems to function properly.

I also was one of the regular reboots in Froyo, but I've only had one random reboot so far, and that was while in Google Reader. I was on vacation and starting to weed my way through nearly 2000 unread items when it did it.

I think there were other things I had relatively minor issues with, but overall, it's been a joy using my D2G again. I do kind of miss my DINC2 though.

Slipshod

Reaction score
The reboot thing is killing me. A couple of nights ago it did it in the weeee hours of the morning, and ended up (somehow) messing up the silencing of notifications in the middle of the night.... So I woke up at ass-O'clock in the morning to a bunch off beeping. And it woke up my wife, which is never good...

I *really* wanted to love this phone, but the software killed it for me. Well, the software and the fact that I couldn't replace the kernel with one that works.

GB did fix my other main gripes (audio clicking, data push reliability), but I'm not ready to throw down more cash on a new Moto product until they prove themselves in the market. Plus, the Galaxy S2 had USB-host mode, so hopefully the Prime will as well.... A 4.6" tethered remote screen for my Canon 7D is just what the doctor ordered...

anguish

Reaction score
Ouch. Yeah, waking up the wife is never a good thing. BTDT.

I do NOT regret going DINC2, and I'll probably be switching back to it soon as Motorola lost a lot of my trust. They may have earned some of it back though if this update turns out to be pretty solid.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
The new update is pretty solid actually, even for blur. No more reboots, fixed lockscreen slider, and no random pauses in music. Though I beg to differ on the music part. Battery life is hit or miss for people. My battery refuses to charge past 4,100mV for some reason; I think Global unplug is to blame.

You can get the aforementioned fix from 4.5.606 Firmware - The DROID Wiki as well.

(I hope Byakushiki doesn't mind me rehosting his fix; I have credited him on the page.)

Of course I don't mind.

Slipshod

Reaction score
The new update is pretty solid actually, even for blur. No more reboots, fixed lockscreen slider, and no random pauses in music. Though I beg to differ on the music part.

What are you seeing different in the music? I forgot about the lockscreen - that's definitely more reliable. I haven't missed a single call due to being unable to unlock the *%&^(*^# phone, and that used to be a multiple times-per-week occurrence. It also feels "smoother", like they removed some sort of micro-stutter in the scrolling. Hard to say if it's real or placebo, but the overall feel of the build is FAR, FAR more polished than the last one. If only it didn't reboot so damn much...

I didn't have any reboots for about the few days with it (I upgraded the same night P3Droid put out the TBH files), and it lulled me into a false sense of security. Now I've have about 4-5 reboots in the last couple of days.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
For some reason, my music actually cuts in and out for a split second occasionally on GB. Froyo, there wasn't a single problem. Oh and yeah, they did optimize the lockscreen slider. I might do a video comparison of it later, to point out how stuttery the lockscreen really was on Froyo.

Reaction score
Has anyone else enabled the cpu load warning only to find it sounding off constantly even though task manager has been used to kill all extraneous apps. i never bothered with it on froyo, so is this normal? Nothing to be concerned of?

TheCheeze

Reaction score
Apparently my problem was due to freezing yahoo contacts for some stupid reason. Unfroze and good-to-go working perfect.

kshah

Reaction score
Has any one experienced frequent auto disconnection of gsm data while in roaming with warning notification?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
After a few days I noticed my battery life was getting increasingly poor. After checking a few things out I found that it was running full speed (1.2ghz) constantly. since I set it to 600 my battery life has gone back to being stellar.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums