Issues with the camera?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by razorseal, Sep 6, 2010.

1. razorseal

razorseal New Member

Am I alone on this? I had the same problem with CM6 too... after I take a pic, the phone will freeze up and I can't do anything, sometimes the picture will be saved, and sometimes it won't. on CM6 this happened on vacation and camera app wouldn't even load up...

seems like it's random

anyone else have camera issues?
  2. mcm

mcm New Member

I too have had this problem. The camera button only sometimes opens up camera, other times I have to open up the app from the drawer. Mine seems to take the first picture then the camera freezes. Most often I have to pull the battery otherwise the phone is frozen and I cannot access anything.
  3. razorseal

razorseal New Member

What can be causing this? I guess Chevy never had a problem with this
  4. jrmdroid

jrmdroid Member

Yes I had this issue with a FC and then after I re-opened it, it worked just fine.

The next thing is I rely on the camra's shutter sound when I am outside and cannot really see the screen all that well. This helps me to know when it is done taken the pic.

One thing I need help on is with ChevyNo1 tools. I go in and click on scripts and go to hide/unhide camara sound and it does nothing. Wondering of there is a fix if someone else knows what to do?
  5. Mohawk3

Mohawk3 New Member

My camera also freezes the phone after taking the first picture. I don't think I have gotten past the first picture even after a reset. Anybody know a fix? I have 4.7 and patch 2 installed.
  6. droidkevlar

droidkevlar New Member

Maybe try a diff camera app found in the market. See if they cause this same issue. I guess I am lucky and dont have this problem.
  7. renlan

renlan New Member

I also had camera issues, I love this ROM but this and a few other minor quirks made me swap out for now till a fix is made.
  8. DaveB722

DaveB722 New Member

Having the same problem. Always force closes on me, or just freezes for what seems like forever.
  9. alpine

alpine New Member

I have the same issue...
  10. DarkFlow83

DarkFlow83 New Member

Yes this happens to me also, but not always. I've only had to pull the battery once. It just seems to take longer between pics.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  11. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I have not had any of these issues - over the last few days I have snapped about 40 pics and no problems ...
  12. tbrand68

tbrand68 New Member

Don't know if this will help in this particular case... I used a different rom and had it overclocked with ChevyNo1 1.25Ghz MLV... whenever I would take a pic, had the same thing... sometimes it would lock up, sometimes seemed to take forever to save...

I found if I set the clock speed back to 600, the camera app would work fine... every time.

See if that works for you.

Tim

EDIT: Now I use the "stock 2.2 rooted" with the 1.25Ghz and the camera app works fine at any speed... so I don't know if it was just a quirk with the rom I ran, or a combo of things...
  13. renlan

renlan New Member

Im gonna try again with stock 4.7 unthemed to be sure it was not the theme causing my issue, I also recently moved to 800 low voltage instead of 800 ultra low which is running better. Ill update when I have results.
  14. stark23x

stark23x New Member

The camera is utterly useless for me as well. And trying new camera apps doesn't help. Locks up, sometimes saves the pic, sometimes doesn't, generally slower than molasses and almost always ends is a force with or a battery pull/reboot. Never happened before this ROM, but so much of the ROM rules that I'm not exactly willing to switch yet.

But now that school has started and I will be using the camera more...it may force me off Chevy's ROM.
  15. droidkevlar

droidkevlar New Member

Are you running the themed or non themed version? I think the problem is with your themed version. When I first ran your ROM, I used the themed version and do remember some issues wtih the cam. But when I got bored and flashed the non themed version, no issues. Each time I installed your ROM, it was complete wipe, then install.

Just a shot of what might be causing and I am prob wrong, hehe
  16. renlan

renlan New Member

I reloaded the rom and 928 theme. My camera is working fine right now so I guess it was the ULV kernel. Ill give it some time to be sure but right now no lockup.
  17. ChevyNo1

I am (and have always) run the themed ROM - BUT I do NOT run my ULV kernels - only LV - and no issues here! Can anyone having camera issues capture a logcat and send to me @ chevyno1.droid@gmail.com?
  18. trowa

trowa New Member

I have the problem randomly and I can't reproduce it. I have to take many many pictures in a row for it to happen again. It always seems to happen right when I need to take a picture real bad, like the deftones concert the other day. NOT HAPPY.

Oh I am using the SS Blue theme and tried the chevy lv 1.2 and 1.1ghz kernel
  19. ChevyNo1

If CM6 and my ROM are having the issue and other ROMs are not - I suspect those other ROM's are not using the Camera.apk that is in fact built from source - OR they have some sort of fix (which I doubt). Likely the apk has been ripped from the OTA leak ... a hash on the file would prove that one out.
  20. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy New Member

I am having this issue too.. sucks. I can take one pic.. the second I go to take another, im screwed. Also, going to gallery from within the camera app is very very veryyyyyyyyyyyyy slow and glitchy..
Search tags for this page

levoice download apk