issues with new droid

rjm5151

Reaction score
Had new droid for almost two weeks now. After couple days had keyboard go unresponsive that would only be fixed by powering off and on. This has happened 3 or 4 times. Some normal force closes on things like browser and messaging. And a couple times when found wouldnt respond had to do battery pull to make show something on the screen.

Is this normal problems people have? Should i have already brought it back to verizon? Any suggestions at all?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Take it back and swap it out. FC of programs can be an issue, especially with some apps but the keyboard is def likely a hardware issue.

OP
R

rjm5151

Reaction score
Should be no problem in first 30 days right?
It happens maybe once every other day hard to show.

Are there issues swapping them out?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not usually. Go ahead and call CS first to have them note it on your account. That way when you go to the store they will see that it's a reported problem. Then even if they can't reproduce they should swap it.

OP
R

rjm5151

Reaction score
Out of curiousity what is ment by FC programs

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Out of curiousity what is ment by FC programs

FC, or Force Close basically means that an app is stuck or frozen. By selecting to force close, you are making the phone stop the processes associated with that app. In many cases, the will start again on it's own quite soon.

On the other hand, if the FC offers the option to "Wait," then it is actually called an ANR, or Application Not Responding. This basically just means that the app is working on something and can't complete your request.

OP
R

rjm5151

Reaction score
Happened with keyboard just now posring here....really random

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I would definitely return it for another. I don't think that my keyboard has EVER Force Closed...Most of the stock apps are pretty stable.

OP
R

rjm5151

Reaction score
Going into verizon now. Hope they dont give any issues.

They were running the buy a droid get an eris free promotion when i bought it......didnt get a free eris though....should i have gotten one?

OP
R

rjm5151

Reaction score
Was told it was probably software issue. That i may have been running too much...like sports score apps keeping too many pages open. I really dont run a whole lot of apps and see people running a lot more than me. Of course asked me to reproduce problem....said he doesnt see anyone bringing droid in with problwms lol. Guess i will have to come straight to verizon the next tim the problem occurs.

Reaction score
Was told it was probably software issue. That i may have been running too much...like sports score apps keeping too many pages open. I really dont run a whole lot of apps and see people running a lot more than me. Of course asked me to reproduce problem....said he doesnt see anyone bringing droid in with problwms lol. Guess i will have to come straight to verizon the next tim the problem occurs.

Rjm5151,

The tech at Verizon should have asked you about either a hard or soft reset. I recommend you do a hard reset. This will reset the phone to factory settings. You will need to enter in your Google account email and password when it has finished and all apps, contacts, etc. will come back within a couple of hours.

Go here for instructions: Hard Reset Motorola Droid

If, after the hard reset, this issue continues, it is most certainly a hardware issue and worthy of a replacement. Sometimes, I have found that it is best to call 1-800-922-0204, these reps are MUCH more helpful. They will send out a replacement and you will send back the defective device in the same box with a prepaid label. I think it's due to the whole commission deal in stores. Tech support over the phone is wage based. Also, I DO NOT mean to offend any store workers, although it has been my personal experience that many reps are more commission based than getting you into the right phone. I can name numerous examples in different stores.

Paul

OP
R

rjm5151

Reaction score
thanks for the info I will look into the hard reset, the phone is obviously great just don't want a small problem to turn into a huge one. He also told me right now even after 30 days the phones are brand new not even refurbished yet.....

who knows about that.

Reaction score
thanks for the info I will look into the hard reset, the phone is obviously great just don't want a small problem to turn into a huge one. He also told me right now even after 30 days the phones are brand new not even refurbished yet.....

who knows about that.

Erm, it's a 50-50. I know for a fact that there are refurbished phones out there (a company called New Breed refurbishes them). I also know that many NEW phones come in the Certified Like New Device box from Verizon (look for a sticker on the back of the phone under the battery that says NB and then a date, if one IS NOT there, it is most likely a new phone).

OP
R

rjm5151

Reaction score
yea not a problem yet...hopefully not ever.