Issues with my Bionic

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by i can read, Feb 18, 2013.

1. i can read

i can read Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey Guys I am having troubles with my Bionic. The sound is going out when I try to use the external speakers but I can fix it by plugging in headphones and then pulling them out while playing. Is anyone else's doing this. Also when I try to call people it sometimes likes to take a min to decide to actually call someone after I press to call them. The led on the menu button also is out. If I was to take the phone in to verizon and complain would they send me a refurb? If they did send me a refurb will it still be a bionic or something else?

2. Chris-pee

Chris-pee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You probably have some foreign object in the jack. I would look in there with a flashlight even a hair stuck in there could cause this issue. If you do send it in for warranty they will send you a droid Razr from what I hear. Hope this helps.

3. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    my speaker does that too now... sometimes it works when I reboot... Idk a fix for it yet... its working now but it wasn't a few hours ago

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

4. Chris-pee

Chris-pee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine does it too. I have a tiny little screwdriver I stick in there when this happens. After the media pauses from me sticking the screwdriver in there I can press play again and I have sound Back. Paperclip works too.

5. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    nice tip... it made sense there was some port issue when messing with it fixed it but I haven't used headphones in 2 weeks since they broke and the no speaker still randomly happens

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page

android bionic speaker port causing sound to be underwater