Issues with hotspot

crazzeto

Reaction score
I have serious issues with hotspot randomly disconneting every few seconds. Is this a common issue? Anyone know if there is a way to remedy this problem? Is it an issue with the default security settings?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Yes....

I've been working on a solution for months, and STILL haven't figured it out.

But I think it's Android somehow- the way it handles Wi-Fi and 3G at the same time. See, usually when your phone's Wi-Fi is connected to something, it will automatically disconnect the 3G network- I think it's confused- it thinks that Wi-Fi connection to your computer is really to a Wi-Fi network, so it disconnects the 3G network.

What's odd is that sometimes 3G stops working almost immediately, while other times it will work for hours or anywhere in between.

In the meantime, any form of USB tethering works flawlessly.

As for why some people have this issue and others don't, most people don't tether, and those that do tether only do it for a short period of time. Everyone who tethers almost constantly seems to have this issue.

OP
C

crazzeto

Reaction score
Thanks for this reply, at least now I have some idea what's up even if it isn't encouraging. How did you set up usb tethering just out of curiosity, any official means or just hack it?

km75

Reaction score
I find it odd that the mobile hotspot is slow but when I tether my phone and computer it works flawlessly as u stated and my browsing experience seems to be at least ten times faster. Thought it was just my computer but now I thinking I might just forego the hotspot altogether and just stick with tethering