1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Issues with hotspot

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by crazzeto, Nov 28, 2010.

1. crazzeto

crazzeto New Member

I have serious issues with hotspot randomly disconneting every few seconds. Is this a common issue? Anyone know if there is a way to remedy this problem? Is it an issue with the default security settings?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  2. jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008 New Member

Yes....

I've been working on a solution for months, and STILL haven't figured it out.

But I think it's Android somehow- the way it handles Wi-Fi and 3G at the same time. See, usually when your phone's Wi-Fi is connected to something, it will automatically disconnect the 3G network- I think it's confused- it thinks that Wi-Fi connection to your computer is really to a Wi-Fi network, so it disconnects the 3G network.

What's odd is that sometimes 3G stops working almost immediately, while other times it will work for hours or anywhere in between.

In the meantime, any form of USB tethering works flawlessly.

As for why some people have this issue and others don't, most people don't tether, and those that do tether only do it for a short period of time. Everyone who tethers almost constantly seems to have this issue.
  3. crazzeto

crazzeto New Member

Thanks for this reply, at least now I have some idea what's up even if it isn't encouraging. How did you set up usb tethering just out of curiosity, any official means or just hack it?

4. km75

km75 New Member

I find it odd that the mobile hotspot is slow but when I tether my phone and computer it works flawlessly as u stated and my browsing experience seems to be at least ten times faster. Thought it was just my computer but now I thinking I might just forego the hotspot altogether and just stick with tethering

Search tags for this page
clear hotspot not connecting
clear hotspot not working

clear hotspot problems

droid x2 hotspot problem with security certificates
having trouble connecting my motorola droid to my clear hots

hot spot issues

ps3 droid 4 hot spot problems
verizon hotspot com.lge.provision stops