issues with frg22d: ...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by thinkmega, Sep 2, 2010.

1. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

Having used frg22d, first from p3d, then put together by metiCkOne, for a few days, here is something I wish I don't experience:

1. Home Screen display latency issue:
    The home screen disappears for a few seconds (long enough in this case). Many times I would have to press the "Home" button then the upward arrow before getting it back. At least it happens often after enjoying the web surfing and use the "Return" button to back out from the session;

2. Battery meter accuracy:
    It's not accurate. When I see the battery capacity is 50% via "Settings"->"About Phone"->"Status" and look at the battery icon, often it shows more than, or way more than 50% remaining. It is very overly optimistic;

The apps I run are as basic as I can imagine on the rooted phone: titanium, gmail, built-in browser, gps, weather bug, navigation, and newsrob. Yes, I am running this "overclock" widget at top of the stock kernel ...

I wonder if this is an isolated issue with me or it happens to you too. If so, what's the solution or just look away?

Thanks.
  2. PhoenixGTR

PhoenixGTR New Member

The home screen latency issue seems to be endemic, rooted or not.
    Try Launcher Pro; lots of settings to tweak and there's an extra step you can take if you're rooted (posted on LP forums).

sent via subspace radio
  3. caboyzcoti

caboyzcoti New Member

I don't seem to have the homescreen issue in metickones build but I use adw and its flawless and before I had small issues with it in frf84b but I'm only getting 12 hours on a charge and I used to get one solid day with moderate use so that's my biggest issue but I'm always with a charger and oc'd at 1ghz so that's what I'm assuming is the problem but for all the good that this stock 2.2 has brought me I'm happy with shorter battery life being the only dif.
  4. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

What does Battery Usage say is draining most of your battery? 12 hrs with moderate use sounds really low. Do you happen to be using a task killer?
  5. thinkmega

thinkmega New Member

What are the LP forums?

I installed Launcher Pro after reading your post. It is a nice app. For the last 24 hours or so, the lag problem appears to be subsiding. Of course I didn't use it a lot either.

THanks.
  6. PhoenixGTR

PhoenixGTR New Member