Issues with 'Fast Web Installer' for Appbrain.

hamitup

Reaction score
Hello all. I was on droid-life the other day and they introduced me to Appbrain.com. I watched there vidio and downloaded the 2 software they suggested using. One of the software was 'Fast web Installer' that made you beable to install apps to ur phone directly from your PC from Appbrain.com. GREAT FEATURE by the way. Anyway everything works great but it wouldn't install the apps but it would if i resynced my apps with appbrain. So i figured once they figure things out they would have a fix for it. No big deal. Then last night i tried again. This time when i hit the install button on appbrain to install the app on my phone a popup error accured saying that my 'fast web installer' wasnt turned on but it was. I turned in on and off, no fix. I even changed roms from Kengerade 5.0.7 to Sapphire 0.7 and still same thing. So i emailed Appbrain and this is what they said....

Hi,

What phone and Android version are you using?
There seems to be something wrong with custom Froyo ROMs out there
that prevents this from working.

Best regards,

So..just wanted to pass this along so everyone know whats happening and hopefully someone on one end or the other will find a fix. thanks

ultima

Reaction score
thanks for the info. i was going crazy trying to get this to work.

OP
hamitup

hamitup

Reaction score
the fix is here...download the update in the market.

ultima

Reaction score
thanks. and YES it works now!!!dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid