Issues with Droid Maxx after January 2014 update

sctrojangirl

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to Droid, so please excuse any of my ignorance. I've had the Motorola Droid Maxx for 2 months. It's generally worked great...until the operating system update that was pushed last week. Almost immediately, the phone started acting extremely slow. Sending text messages is now delayed-it takes a second for it even to show up and another second before it is actually delivered. This has never happened before. Additionally, when I have a specific message window open and then click to the home screen, when I go back into Messages, it takes me to the main message inbox, forcing me to click back into the specific message. This never happened before (it would just go back to the specific message once I clicked back into the app). It is also moving the message threads up a few messages when I go from the main inbox to a specific text (instead of showing the most recent message that was sent in the thread). Finally, the phone froze at a black screen yesterday. I had to hold the power button for like two minutes to finally get it to restart.

I have downloaded and used both an app killer as well as a cache cleaner, as well as deleting all of my messages. Nothing seems to work. A phone I had just started to love is now driving me insane. I talked to a friend with the same phone, and he is not having any of the same issues.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks!
Sara

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello,

I'm new to Droid, so please excuse any of my ignorance. I've had the Motorola Droid Maxx for 2 months. It's generally worked great...until the operating system update that was pushed last week. Almost immediately, the phone started acting extremely slow. Sending text messages is now delayed-it takes a second for it even to show up and another second before it is actually delivered. This has never happened before. Additionally, when I have a specific message window open and then click to the home screen, when I go back into Messages, it takes me to the main message inbox, forcing me to click back into the specific message. This never happened before (it would just go back to the specific message once I clicked back into the app). It is also moving the message threads up a few messages when I go from the main inbox to a specific text (instead of showing the most recent message that was sent in the thread). Finally, the phone froze at a black screen yesterday. I had to hold the power button for like two minutes to finally get it to restart.

I have downloaded and used both an app killer as well as a cache cleaner, as well as deleting all of my messages. Nothing seems to work. A phone I had just started to love is now driving me insane. I talked to a friend with the same phone, and he is not having any of the same issues.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks!
Sara

Hello and welcome to droid forums..ok first..get rid of the app killer, you don't need one as of ICS (android OS from a few years back) and it can actually close needed apps hindering performance..

Texts. Text speed is typically a network or tower communication issue when it comes to slow response... You cab try rebooting(turn the phone off and back on, it will re register with the tower ) but if the situation continues, call vzw and submit a trouble ticket.

The home button issue is a known issue with KitKat(the new update you just got)

There's also a little trick for letting the phone resort..press the power button+the volume button at the same time and hold them..this will do a simulated battery pull, it may take a screen shot first..but that's not a big deal..just keep holding them down..

Lots to learn about android..is this your first android device? Jump in, plenty to read about the droid maxx...and again..welcome :)