Issues with CM4D2-GB

mattv111

Reaction score
I'm having serious issues with 3g. More times then not I'm on 1x in places that I normally have full 3g service. Also it seems like my wifi works when it wants too. My battery life is also horrible I heard it was suppose to be better on gb but I think I had better battery life on the froyo version. I'm running jakesmod too. Does anyone have any tips that could help me out? I'm on the ota gb btw not the leak. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Taegost

Reaction score
For me, the 9/3 build boot loops randomly when a bluetooth device connects and won't stop until I do a battery pull.
The 8/30 one works ok, but I have really bad battery life (on the froyo cm7 I got 17 hours from my extended battery, this one is 14). I also have issues with the dsp manager crashing, not working well, and not engaging automatically when Pandora starts playing, bluetooth devices don't always connect (I use them a lot), wifi cuts out like the op said (it's not working as I type this, I had to disable it), and the phone will randomly slow down and freeze, even though Watchdog doesn't show any apps using a lot of cpu.

My Droid Does Tapatalk...

OP
mattv111

mattv111

Reaction score
I'm so fed up with this!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been trying to send my gf a text message for an hour but it won't go through cause I can't get service not even 1x. I'm bout to go to stock gb or a froyo based rom. What's the point of having an awesome rom that's customizable if you can't even use your damn phone. Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

havens1515

Reaction score
I'm so fed up with this!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been trying to send my gf a text message for an hour but it won't go through cause I can't get service not even 1x. I'm bout to go to stock gb or a froyo based rom. What's the point of having an awesome rom that's customizable if you can't even use your damn phone. Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Text messages don't go through your data connection, so it doesn't matter if you have 1x or 3G, it matters if you have a cell connection, which is indicated by your bars.

OP
mattv111

mattv111

Reaction score
Sometimes it shows that I have full service (bars) in 3g and/or 1x but they still won't go through and web browsing takes forever. I know its the rom cause everything worked fine when I stay on stock gb for a few days before flashing cm. I'm just sick of it. Everyone act like there are no problems with it and imho other than the ability to customize it sucks. Horrible service and battery. Id rather deal with blur and I hate blur

havens1515

Reaction score
Just an FYI - the bars do not show the strength of your 3G or 1X connection, it only shows the strength of your cell connection. But since you have full bars, you should have no problem sending text messages.

Everyone act like there are no problems with it and imho other than the ability to customize it sucks. Horrible service and battery.

And as far as this - I have never seen anyone have most of the issues that you are having, so maybe it just doesn't agree with your phone for some reason. I had a similar thing happen with Apex. Everyone said Apex was the best ROM around, but on my phone it was slow, and had so many issues that I couldn't deal with it for more than 30 minutes. I went to another ROM for a while, and tried to go back to Apex, figured maybe something happened while installing it, and got the same results. My phone just didn't like the Apex ROM for some reason, even though everyone else had amazing results with it.

Sometimes individual phones don't have the same results as other people's phones for whatever reason. But most of the community that is running this ROM is having very few issues, and very good battery life. If you are experiencing something different, maybe you should try another ROM. Maybe try coming back to CM in the future and see if you have better results then.

OP
mattv111

mattv111

Reaction score
The only rom I've really ever liked was fission and idk what angdroid's deal is. He bs'ed everyone

OP
mattv111

mattv111

Reaction score
Battery at 5% after 6 hours of light use. Just posting on here and a few text messages. I was in class the rest of the day....

Taegost

Reaction score
Just an FYI - the bars do not show the strength of your 3G or 1X connection, it only shows the strength of your cell connection. But since you have full bars, you should have no problem sending text messages.

And as far as this - I have never seen anyone have most of the issues that you are having, so maybe it just doesn't agree with your phone for some reason. I had a similar thing happen with Apex. Everyone said Apex was the best ROM around, but on my phone it was slow, and had so many issues that I couldn't deal with it for more than 30 minutes. I went to another ROM for a while, and tried to go back to Apex, figured maybe something happened while installing it, and got the same results. My phone just didn't like the Apex ROM for some reason, even though everyone else had amazing results with it.

Sometimes individual phones don't have the same results as other people's phones for whatever reason. But most of the community that is running this ROM is having very few issues, and very good battery life. If you are experiencing something different, maybe you should try another ROM. Maybe try coming back to CM in the future and see if you have better results then.

I'm actually having the same issues that he's describing as well. It randomly decides that it doesn't want to allow any communications at all until I reboot.

My Droid Does Tapatalk...