Issues with BB 0.7.4

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mav7, Feb 6, 2010.

1. mav7

mav7 New Member

Rooted and went to BB 0.7.4, using the update method.

I am experiencing the following problems:

-Using stock messenger program, sometimes when I get a text message it will come in 3 times (duplicates).

-CardioTrainer force quits when I try to start a workout. "The application CardioTrainer (process com.wsl.CardioTrainer) has stopped unexpectedly."
    I Really would like this app working... any ideas how I can fix it? Does anyone else have this issue running BB 0.7.4?

-I get occasional force quits now and then. Weird issues happen like if I start Pandora, sometimes meridian will start playing music randomy.

- This damn IM program always is running in the background when the phone starts, and I usually have to kill it.

Some NEWB questions, sorry I did try searching:
    1) Now could any of these issues be because I used the update method?
    2) If I wipe my phone clean (factory reset), and then restore a nandroid backup before then, will I get my data back, including text messages?
    3) If not, what's the easiest way to backup / reinstall apps, text messages, etc?

Thanks in advance.
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Yeah your best bet is to wipe data and install 0.7.4 the nandroid way.....sometimes the update.zip ROMs are better to use if you were already using BB say 0.7.3. Start off with a fresh start and wipe data...you can redownload your apps in the Market in your Downloads section because that is stored in your google accout along with contacts, emails, and calender events, etc. BUT......unfortunately there is no way to restore text messages after you do a data wipe....sorry
  3. jcardona1

jcardona1 New Member

so what steps should I follow for this? do a factory wipe, restore to my previous nandroid backup, then reinstall 7.4 that way? us that correct?
  4. mav7

mav7 New Member

I'm wondering the same thing
  5. mav7

mav7 New Member

Can someone on BB 0.7.4 let me know if "CardioTrainer" works for them? Open the program and hit "start workout". See if it doesn't crash.

Also, can someone test "aDyno". I am getting force closes when starting a timed run. Very annoying, and I will go back to stock unless I can fix these two programs.

Thanks
  6. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

It force-closes for me, too - 0.7.4 Bugless Beast

It was working fine before you installed 0.7.4? Does this workout program interface with google maps in any way?
  7. mav7

mav7 New Member

Thanks for checking. I don't want to lose all my data just to find out that didn't fix the problem.

I believe it does interface with Google Maps... It can show your route. Would that have something to do with it crashing? Can I go back to the old Google Maps then?
  8. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

There was a change to the Maps API recently, and BB 0.7.4 included the hacked version of it from the Nexus.

I would try installing maps from the Market to see if that works any better (since they released the same version anyway, maybe the one in the market works better for android 2.0?)
  9. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

I installed 7.4 the first day it came out and I experienced problems immediately. BTW, I use the update.zip method. I simply did a reinstall again using the update.zip method and that solved all my problems.

Yesterday I tried Taz's new kernel at 1.3 and 1.1 and experienced problems with both. I then reinstalled 7.4 and all is well again.
  10. mav7

mav7 New Member

Just tried it.. I went to the market and saw an update for Google Maps. Installed update, and CardioTrainer still crashes. Thanks for the suggestion though.

When you say reinstall, do you mean do a factory wipe and then re-run the update for 7.4?
  11. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

No. I just run the update.zip instructions again. I've never done a factory wipe sort of thing except when I rooted and installed my first rom. But only then because it was in the instructions to do so. That was about 5-6 roms ago now.
  12. Guchi

Guchi New Member

13. blake2050

blake2050 New Member

I have never liked the idea of loading a ROM on top of already installed programs and data. (cardio Trainer should have nothing to do with maps..)

Do this:

1. download MyBackup Pro ($5 I think, but worth it).
    2. Use that program to back up all the apps you want.
    3. Use same program and back up all the data you want. (contacts, sms, mms, etc..).
    4. Do a nandroid restore of Bugless Beast 0.7.4 using sprecovery. (fresh install will be better than update..)
    5. Once done reset your gmail account to sync.
    6. Go to market and download MyBackup Pro again (already purchased).
    7. Restore all your apps and your data.

That should fix the problem...
  14. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Yeah that way you wouldn't lose ANYTHING and can still wipe everything clean whenever you install the ROM...
  15. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Honestly, overall I haven't had any issues with BB.....or Sholes for that matter, other than Sholes not being able to handle 1+GHz

So I'm sticking with BB for the moment :)
  16. mav7

mav7 New Member

Can someone confirm that cardiotrainer works for them with 7.4, after pressing start workout? If so then I will go ahead and restore.

Anyone have a link to bb 7.4 rom to use with sprecovery? I've only found update.zip instructions.

Thanks for your suggestions.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  17. Guchi

Guchi New Member

this is what you need - MultiTouch Maps fix for FC issues in other apps

install using the update method in sprecovery
  18. Pdigg

Pdigg New Member

Thank you. This solved the problem that Places Directory was giving me. No more FC's...
  19. mav7

mav7 New Member

Thank you! That update solved my problen. You just saved me and others a lot of time and hassle!
  20. sethjk

sethjk New Member

I'm having the same issues, among others.
    First, I'm new to rooting. How can I verify which version of bugless beauty I'm running?
    Second, I am having the same problem with cardio trainer. However, I can't seem to apply the update.zip. I'm using nanodroid, does this matter?
    I downloaded the update.zip linked to above and put it in the root of my sd card. Then, I rebooted into recovery and selected allow install update.zip and then "Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)". However, when i do this, it says aborted.
    Please help.
Search tags for this page

cardio trainer app has stopped error

how to turn off cardio trainer

samsung galaxy turn off cardio

turn off cario trainer samsung galaxy

unfotunately cardio trainer has stopped