Issues with ADB

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

No matter what I do I can't seem to get my PC to find my S4 via ADB. Anyone have any ideas? I have used Kies, and standard Samsung S4 drivers, neither seem to work. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Found this (https://devnet.madewithmarmalade.co...-to-install-adb-on-new-samsung-galaxy-s4.html);

I spent 3-4 hours trying to install drivers on my new T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 android device. Finally figured out how to access developer options to turn on usb debugging, so adb would recognize it.
This should help anyone else with a GS4.
Answer: - navigate to Settings->More->About Device - repeatedly tap 'Build Number' entry under About Device, until a message box pops up saying developer mode succeeded.
Yes, you repeatedly tap this area to unlock developer mode. Don't ask me what Samsung is smoking. I think they're treating this like a hidden game object or something. Very silly if you ask me, ate up many hours trying to figure this out. So hopefully this tidbit will save you time. ~ken

And this;

http://gs4.wonderhowto.com/how-to/enable-hidden-developer-options-your-samsung-galaxy-s4-0146687/

[h=2]Developer Options[/h]These options allow you to quickly access ADB settings, USB debugging, animation scales, and various monitoring tools for your device. It's a must have for SoftModders.

When the newest Android OS was released (Jelly Bean 4.2), Google got rid of the easy access Developer Options menu, which means your GS4 doesn't have it either.Go ahead, scroll down to the bottom of your Settings page and see for yourself. Nada. They thought it was best to remove the menu in order to prevent newbs from screwing up their devices.[h=2]But We're Not Newbs[/h]Luckily, it's not gone forever—it's just hiding.To unlock the Dev Options menu, go to Settings -> About Device and scroll down to the "Build Number."

Now, tap on your "Build Number" five times, and you should see a toast notification pop up saying "Developer mode has been enabled."

Voilà! Back out of the About Device menu and you'll see Dev Options back where it belongs, so you can turn on USB Debugging and whatever else you want to.

If you updated to Android 4.2 on your old Samsung Galaxy S3 or other Android device, this is probably nothing new. If this is your first go on the new Jelly Bean version, well...now you know.
Good luck!
:biggrin:

OP
Dalvik_Cache

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea, I have developer mode, debugging, etc. Afraid this is going to be more of a driver issue. :(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

KaChow

Reaction score
I tend not to use ADB, or not very often to say the least. I'm sure this has been attempted, but it is my basic troubleshoot.

C:\Users\YourComputersName> (type in)cd\ and hit enter, the next line should display
C:\> (go ahead and type in)cd androidsdk\tools hit enter, the next line should read
C:\AndroidSD\tools> (type in)adb devices and hit enter normally there is an daemon not running, but should see your unique identifier indicating that you are successfully connected.