Issues W/ 0.5 Also Which Kernel Should I Use?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by imati0n, Sep 24, 2010.

1. imati0n

imati0n Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I loaded up 0.5 last night and was having crazy problems. As soon as the phone rebooted like it was supposed to I started to get a bunch of FC's.

Then my apps in the market were failing to download and when I clicked on the notification about it, it said the apps were unable to be found.

After that I wiped the phone and all that jazz and reloaded 0.5 with a different kernel. ( ChevyNo1 ULV to LV) All has been ok now with the exception of the market. All my apps downloaded, but the downloads aren't there and I can't view any apps in the market. I cleared data and cache and rebooted still nothing.
    ( I apologize for making another thread about the market issue. I posted in the other one and haven't received any help.)

Any solutions to the problem?

Also which kernel would you all recommend running? I run my phone at 1.1ghz and I like that the ChevyNo1 has the LV and works with temp monitor now, but my phone gets way to hot with his kernels. Any other good kernels you would recommend?

Thank to everyone in advance.

2. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    So you went under Settings > Mahage Applications > Market > clear data & cache?

3. imati0n

imati0n Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes.(10char)

4. Raven1r44

Raven1r44 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    are you using clockwork or SPR? I find that when a wipe is necessary it is best to wipe both data and cache 3 separate times. also, did you use petes back-up tool? available at Peter Alfonso run the backup tool on your most recent good configuration, then wipe data and cache 3 separate times! it is important to actually select wipe cache even though selecting wipe data wipes both the data and the cache! after wiping, then install .5. for me, after the initial install, it did a reboot and then bam everything was automatically restored! and im talking everything!!! settings, sms, contacts, calendar, everything!!! I havent had any issues thus far and have still been running the stock 800MHZ kernel, whereas I have used chevy's ulv 1.1 for the duration of BB .4. I will be switching to the newest chevy kernel here in a few minutes. great battery life in .4 hope this was helpful!

5. imati0n

imati0n Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using clockwork and yes I did wipe data and cache 3 times each. I do that every time I flash a ROM.

And no I haven't looked into Pete's backup tool. I just have a nandroid of 0.4 my last "good" setup that worked.

6. Lani Kai

Lani Kai New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine runs rather hot when it's plugged in. I tried switching from the stock kernel to ChevyNo1 1.0LV but things haven't really improved.

While the phone is unplugged, it's fine with either kernel.

7. apops

apops Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Batteries do tend to become hot when charging.

8. imati0n

imati0n Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so I'm gonna wipe the phone and cache and reinstall 0.5. If I still get the market issues then I think its time to ditch BB. It'll be a shame since I've been using BB since day 1.

9. Lani Kai

Lani Kai New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know, it just wasn't so bad in the past. Mine approaches 50 degrees C from time to time.

10. imati0n

imati0n Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I switched to UD 8.0 and it was alright. I really liked my battery life. Battery was at 80% after 24+ hours of use.

Anyways I went back to BB0.5 to see if it will work again. Loaded it up got a FC so I wiped everything again and reloaded and so far so good. My market works now.

The only thing I changed was not installing a custom kernel. I'm going to backup .5 and install a kernel and see what happens.

11. michael_campbell

Ratings:
    +0
    I find this utterly unbelievable. God bless ya if it's true, and I understand different handsets behave differently, but I have yet to see anyone even come close to 24 hours of *use* on 20% battery. Not even within an order of magnitude.

12. imati0n

imati0n Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well believe it cause I haven't plugged it in since yesterday morning and I'm only at 60%. I find it weird that my battery isn't dead. I've been doing voice calls, internet, facebook, and SMS.