1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

issues starting to surface with lgb1.9

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by acidrane, Jun 8, 2011.

1. acidrane

acidrane New Member

ive been running lgb1.9 since the day it came out with the latest (5-26-11) chevy ulv kernel. its been running great until a couple days ago. it started acting up. it would freeze when turning on the screen, or update something in an app, freeze up while the screen is on etc. i just updated some apps via the market and started getting f/c's on new and old apps. i ran permission fix, reboot and it get stuck at the M. no boot loop, just sits there. i flashed a different kernel but no luck.

do you guys have any other suggestions to get the phone up so i can at least back up some stuff before formating it?
  2. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

If youre stuck at the M did you try pulling the battery and then wiping cache and dalvik from recovery. Many times that will help me boot back into android successfully if I am looping or otherwise.
  3. acidrane

acidrane New Member

ooh, clearing the davlik and cache worked! thanks!
  4. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Glad to hear it. And Chevy has newer kernels out now. The 5/31/11 set and I have flashed them on 2 of the LGB nightlies I ran. I would suggest trying one of them out to see if that helps out at all until liquid puts out 2.0, which should be very soon.
  5. -iD

-iD New Member

The only difference between Chevy's 5-26 and 5-31 kernels is that he accidentally left logging on the 26 versions so the 31s were released with logging disabled. SLIGHT increase in speed MAYBE but otherwise the same, so changing from one to the other wont really "fix" anything.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. alucard9114

alucard9114 New Member

i started having problems with 1.92 from day one here is a list

overheating
    battery drain
    google maps freezing
    reboots
    and launcher pro plus not loading
  7. alucard9114

alucard9114 New Member

1.85 works perfect has all the features i want is fast stable and cool this should be my last rom tell my bionic in october
  8. mzmtg

mzmtg New Member

Ditto.

I had to many issues with the 1.9x versions, so I went back to 1.85.
  9. Dwyndal

Dwyndal New Member

I haven't had any of these issues except overheating / battery drain*

Drain i just did a battery calibration so i'll retest but i know i don't get the same battery life on a GB build than i do froyo, froyo lasts so much longer for me.

Also - the overheating i'm questioning as my kernel or maybe rom because as i'm watching my cpu activity on process monitor widget and seeing it spike from 1%-7%21% and up to 50% with nothing going on and 6/20 apps running so i'm not sure what causes this but i'll be testing different kernals for now but i blame the heat and drain on this. Now to fix it - i'm currently on Chevy1 1.25 running at 125min - 800 max just as my standard test settings.

~D