Issues running GB .573 - What's the latest version I can update to?

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by SlammedNiss, Jun 8, 2011.

1. SlammedNiss

SlammedNiss New Member

I rooted my X just over a month ago, and was doing fine until yesterday. I went to run the new wireless tether app, only to be told that I needed superuser permissions. I don't know when in the last month I lost root, but somewhere/somehow along the line I did. Luckily, when the phone reboots, it boots directly to clockworkmod recovery and I flashed back to a previous save.

Now, I seem to be having more problems. My gmail isn't syncing anymore, and the phone seems to be hanging up at times.

So, my question is this. What version should I update to so I can wipe the phone clean and start fresh. I'm currently on GB v.573. I want to stay rooted so I can use titanium backup.

TIA
  2. TreFiDDy

TreFiDDy New Member

3. SlammedNiss

SlammedNiss New Member

Thanks for the response. After posting, I did a couple hours worth of research, and pretty much came to the same solution.

Now, from what your saying, I need to .sbf back to 2.3.340, reroot the phone, then install GB .596? I'm pretty new at the whole phone hacking game, and would rather not end up with a new doorstop.

Thx.