Issues Rooting phone using new Unrevoked hack

Nick7455

Reaction score
Installed the info here:

public:windows_hboot_driver_install [RootWiki]

Then I ran the reflash.exe file

the phone reboots and the reflash program reads, "waiting for reboot"

Then the phone starts up and the program says flashing recovery image, do not touch phone. This message stays up on the program and the phone sits on the home screen. Tried numerous times and waited well over 20 minutes at the prompt...if I get bored and unplug it after 15 minutes or so it says waiting 5 seconds because windows sucks...Plug it back in and it says waiting 3 more seconds because windows seriously sucks.....then its a waiting game and nothing progresses....any suggestions?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Installed the info here:

public:windows_hboot_driver_install [RootWiki]

Then I ran the reflash.exe file

the phone reboots and the reflash program reads, "waiting for reboot"

Then the phone starts up and the program says flashing recovery image, do not touch phone. This message stays up on the program and the phone sits on the home screen. Tried numerous times and waited well over 20 minutes at the prompt...if I get bored and unplug it after 15 minutes or so it says waiting 5 seconds because windows sucks...Plug it back in and it says waiting 3 more seconds because windows seriously sucks.....then its a waiting game and nothing progresses....any suggestions?
Mkae sure you are using the unrevoked 3.1. Pre 3.1 versions did not play nice with windows.

OP
N

Nick7455

Reaction score
Yes, this is the 3.1 version.....do I need to do anything once the process starts or should I let it do its thing? Because its not really working out on its own....it keeps getting stuck.

When it says flashing recovery image do not touch phone, should the phone be on the homepage? I feel like the phone either isn't booting properly or the program isn't flashing at the right time.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Shouldn't matter what screen the phone is on. Make sure you have usb debugging on.

OP
N

Nick7455

Reaction score
Yes usb debugging is on. DO I need to delete anything from my phone? like I said I followed the instructions on the first part so it shows Android Bootloader Interface during HBOOT USB PLUG. BUt for some reason the flash portion just doesn't seem to kick in at the right time.

I know that this method just came out yesterday, right? Any success stories using this method?

duramaxster

Reaction score
Not a big deal:

Be sure your rooted first

Unplug the USB from your phone
Close the Unrevoked
Reboot your phone normally
plug in phone to USB
turn on debigging
rerun the reflash.exe file

It took me 2 times to get it to complete. It will say done when it has finished

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't be in hboot while running the tool. After the Hboot reboot the phone and go from there. There has been many succesful attempts. If it doesn't work again I would think that there is an underlying issue and iI would suggest heading into their irc.

OP
N

Nick7455

Reaction score
Still same issue.....just doesn't want to send the flash image through

OP
N

Nick7455

Reaction score
Even Newer Method for rooting a phone that doesnt require microsd card trick

1. Download unrevoked3 recovery reflash tool, v3.1
2. Make sure HTCSync Is uninstall-ed
3. Run EXE and enjoy Root!!!

P.S. Video Coming Soon, Pending new ota update that currently being sent out to Dinc.

Is it because I haven't done this yet? I didn't uninstall HTC Sync but then again I don't know how.....did he mean HTCSense?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
did you ever install htc sync to your computer?

irc://freenode.net/##incredibleroot

For live support go there. Lots of very helpful people there

OP
N

Nick7455

Reaction score
GOT IT.....Found out before I read your reply. HTC Sync deleted from the computer did the trick....I wish this was notated better on the Unrevoked website. Nowhere in the instructions or within the program does it say to do this.....thanks for your help!

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
GOT IT.....Found out before I read your reply. HTC Sync deleted from the computer did the trick....I wish this was notated better on the Unrevoked website. Nowhere in the instructions or within the program does it say to do this.....thanks for your help!

OK, dumb question time: what exactly is HTC Sync, and where would I find it on the Inc to delete? Also, how do I engage the debugging function they're speaking of?

Thanks!

-Mike

OP
N

Nick7455

Reaction score
The HTC would be on your computer under applications called 'HTC Sync' and USB debugging is shown on your phone in the top status bar when its plugged in

jarrough

Reaction score

i ran into the same problem. after alot of searching, this thread allowed me to finally root without the long manual process.
there were alot more pre-req's than implied by unrevoked though.