Solved issues on the gps

fakefaces

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SONY Xperia Z1 compact
i'm running 4.4.4 kitkat on a xperia z1 compact model,one thing keep bothering me that once I start the gps, it won't stop until next reboot which heavily drains my bettery.the icon on the status bar NO LONGER shows but it still remains in background and it can be confirmed by the battery log. is it a bug? any chance i can fix it?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

I'm not explicitly familiar with the Xperia line but is that a specific GPS app or is it a map app? If so, which one. I ask because on all my Android phones GPS is turned on or off based on location service settings.

OP
F

fakefaces

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SONY Xperia Z1 compact
Welcome to the forum

I'm not explicitly familiar with the Xperia line but is that a specific GPS app or is it a map app? If so, which one. I ask because on all my Android phones GPS is turned on or off based on location service settings.
thank you for your reply.
it's actually a map app,using location service which declares the use of gps,the service remains in background and prevents the phone from sleeping thoroughly.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have used an app called Waze that does the same thing but Waze can be closed and the battery drain halted as soon as it's closed. You may want to consider a different MAP app if it can't be stopped.

OP
F

fakefaces

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SONY Xperia Z1 compact
I have used an app called Waze that does the same thing but Waze can be closed and the battery drain halted as soon as it's closed. You may want to consider a different MAP app if it can't be stopped.
ok i'll try that out and let you know the result