Issues manually deodexing my X

tatuud

Reaction score
if you use titanium backup it should've kept the data part for you so you wouldn't have to start over.

the5barrons

Reaction score
As with the rest, I read and read and read. Damn reading is what gets me half in the commitment bag to do more things to my DX...thanks y'all.

I've been pretty easy on my DX....but I also haven't had to SBF for anything. I'm not rom'ing either though. Also, I haven't had nearly the problems that I see in other posts...do you think it's because we ARE rooted, deodexed and themed?

I never paid for Titanium backup therefore I never froze anything. I did all the apk to bak name switches vie terminal emulator. Now that I have Root explorer apparently I can just change the extensions there. Nice. It's like learning algebra...the hard way first to understand the process then teachers show the shortcut. I love this community.dancedroid

tatuud

Reaction score
this community is absolutely the best. and you're correct, the more you read the more you want to do. i really sbf'd just for practice, my phone is running great on the rom i'm using. to me it never hurts to know how to get back to where you are now...just more confidence if i mess up my phone. i even rooted using terminal emulator only with no computer...great post on how to do it, worked and to me way easier than first way i did it...droid 2 method. i really like this forum and all of the people on it, they're just all really helpful.

the5barrons

Reaction score
Ya, that's how I rooted. It was just easier than the adb method for me. Im not a illiterate on the computer either, just wasnt working out. Till root explorer came along, I was getting pretty fluent with terminal emulator. Lol.

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

tatuud

Reaction score
i totally agree, that was was much easier, kind of gives you an idea on what you're doing and why. well i'm sure when you jump on a rom you will have a great experience like most people do. i could never go back to stock now. was stocked for about an hour before i re-rooted and it was horrible, my opinion but the phone was very laggy and it really does stall on certain things, granted only a little but i guess im just used to the quickness of roms. good luck to you and happy reading

OP
WsW-WYATT-EARP
Reaction score
if you use titanium backup it should've kept the data part for you so you wouldn't have to start over.

I think u misread- after I deodexed the only issue I had was angry birds wouldn't load so I uninstalled and reinstalled it now I have to start over in angry birds- everything else is fine.

When I had to install my backup I dis with clockwork it saved all my data also

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

My DROID beat-up your iphone

OP
WsW-WYATT-EARP
Reaction score
I agree.... the more you read on something the more you are apt to try it.

OP
WsW-WYATT-EARP
Reaction score
I did figure out a custom bootanimation and sound too!!!

Now to edit the sound file a bit and will be happy with that. Then change the motorala M on boot also...

tatuud

Reaction score
yes i did misread your comment...my bad. there is a great section on changing the "M" logo to a pic of your choice. a few very nice people have donated their time and will make a zip file for you to load through clockwork. another nice guy has also made custom boot animations as well. both are under the hacks section.

bcals0087

Reaction score
i've found pulling the tranq toolbox from tranq 3.0 and placing it in whatever rom your using, makes it very convenient to change boot logos, fonts, and other things.