Issues giving DM updater permission

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by DeeJayPJ, Aug 1, 2010.

1. DeeJayPJ

DeeJayPJ New Member

Attempting to root my droid ESE81 ruining 2.1 update 1. I did my research and followed the instructions to a T. After the attempted root checked if I had the ninja, it was there. Ran the DMupdater and instead of getting this:

[​IMG]

My droid is saying 'Looks like your phone is rooted, but you have not given DM updater access yet. You *must* check the remember box' It never gave me to option to check the remember box. I go to my superuser permissions and it is blank. How to I get DMupdater the superuser permission? I've Googled and I'm not the only with this problem but everyone just seems to talk around giving a fix for this problem. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

So you say when you push the button giving it permission it's not showing up in SU? I'm a bit confused. Your picture clearly shows the permission.
  3. DeeJayPJ

DeeJayPJ New Member

That what it should say, mine says this:

[​IMG]

Superuser Permissions is blank also.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  4. toyo29

toyo29 New Member

I am having the same problem. Just upgraded to Froyo 2.2, then tried I guess upgrading DMUpdater, now superuser permissions is not operating. It shows just like the bottom 2 pictures and set cpu will not work. I think that is because it can not see a root. Someone please help!
  5. DeeJayPJ

DeeJayPJ New Member

C'mon guys! 33 views and no one has any ideas? Edit: Also I just wiped/factory reset. Re-downloaded DMupdater. Still having same problem
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  6. DeeJayPJ

DeeJayPJ New Member

Ok toyo29 is seems we are gonna have to figure this on out for ourselve, I found a way to do I manually.

How-To Root your stock 2.1 Droid

its not as easy as the tap and play method but it gets it done
  7. jesdroid

jesdroid New Member

Well, you have a little different problem than I do with the DMUdater....it keeps wanting me to do an update and when I do, it goes to the blank screen and nothing happens (even when I tap the screen, home button, etc). This may have been a self-created problem on my end though..not sure.