Issues? Crashing? Recalls?

2brownbaydogs

Reaction score
I have read a ton of stuff about the phones I am considering with my upgrade. It came down to the Rezound and the Razr Maxx. Honestly I had pretty much settled on the Rezound. The decision came down to 1: Two years with my Dinc1, the system was very intuitive and I'm comfortable with it. 2: Gonna get Ice Cream Sandwich. 3: Removable battery.

That being said, I thought it prudent to go to the Verizon Store and play with both. The first store I went to said they stopped carrying the Rezound due to OS issues and crashing. The second store said they were told to return all of their stock due to a recall and high failure rates. Neither store had a Maxx for me to play with.

Everything I have read says it comes down to preference between these two. I have not read a word about issues with the phone. Anybody?

Thanks in advance guys

Lenagainster

Reaction score
How do you know if a Verizon rep is lying? His lips are moving.
People tend to complain when things go wrong, and say nothing when things are right.
There have been relatively few complaints about the Rezound, and I'm already seeing moans and groans about signal issues with the Maxx.
Read the forums and let that be your guide.
Then go out and get the Rezound.

jrracinfan

Reaction score
No issues here and just recently came from an OG Droid. Loving the Rezound and I think you would too. There was an official OTA that was pushed out but mine updated as it was charging out of the box right after activation. Friendly tip, get juice defender and switch to 3g when you need battery life if getting Rezound.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

RezoundHound

Reaction score
The first store I went to said they stopped carrying the Rezound due to OS issues and crashing. The second store said they were told to return all of their stock due to a recall and high failure rates.

That's almost funny, and totally unbelievable. I trust a Verizon salesperson about as far as I could throw him/her. The Rezound is flat out the most reliable phone I have ever owned. I've even intentionally done stuff to try to get this phone to freeze or reboot. It just wouldn't happen. On the contrary, I would NEVER buy a Motorola product.......EVER! My wife went through 4 Droix X's within one year. All of them would regularly freeze for no apparent reason and require a battery pull. When they weren't freezing up, they'd mysteriously reboot, sometimes in the middle of a phone conversation. She finally convinced Verizon to replace it with an X2. What do you know. The exact same issues as with the X. She finally dumped it for a Rezound. I'd already had mine for a few months. She loves it! Works flawlessly! Enough said.

On top of that, personally, I would never buy any phone without a replaceable battery or expandable storage. That eliminates the Razr and the GN.

RH

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
Wow I can't believe any of that is true. Not that your lying, I'm sure they told you that, it's just that I've never seen any such suggestions or complaints here, nor heard any of that info from the Verizon reps. They are mostly idiots--and while they incessantly tried to sell me the Razr--when I asked about rezound returns they said they rarely saw rezounds (that was a month + ago though).

Best buy reps were better informed, and seemed to me more honest. They all praised the rezound as "the phone they wanted or planned to get. "

This phone blows away both my previous bionic and droid x in terms of stability, reliability, and speed.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I came from an Incredible 1 and honestly its been as reliable as the Inc . Some call it "the Incredible on steroids" because it's as good as an Inc, only faster with a larger screen . No roid rage either.
I got mine in December .

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Wow I can't believe any of that is true. Not that your lying, I'm sure they told you that, it's just that I've never seen any such suggestions or complaints here, nor heard any of that info from the Verizon reps. They are mostly idiots--and while they incessantly tried to sell me the Razr--when I asked about rezound returns they said they rarely saw rezounds (that was a month + ago though).

Best buy reps were better informed, and seemed to me more honest. They all praised the rezound as "the phone they wanted or planned to get. "

This phone blows away both my previous bionic and droid x in terms of stability, reliability, and speed.

Yup, most Verizon reps are really misinformed. Some aren't though. The Rezound overall is the best phone out there hands down for reliability and stability. I have owned most of the 4g phone out there for Verizon cause it was the lastest and greatest phone. But what happens is I always come back to the Rezound. Just the fact I love the 4g antenna on it. When you look at the other forums for the Nexus, Razr and other 4g phones there are a lot of problems people come across with those phones. The Rezound you hardly see people post problems about the phone. Those phone is rock solid like my OG Droid X. I am going to stick with this phone until the end of contract.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
i love the rezound, but there are definitely boot loop issues with a decent amount

Bpowder33

Reaction score
boot loop issues? I've never had bootloop issues with my Rezound... this phone is a beast

OP

2brownbaydogs

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I hadn't read a bad thing about the rezound, (and I read alot) and it completely floored me when nobody local had one, or anything good to say. I guess I'll drive up to the larger store about 30 miles from here and see if they have one. My mind is pretty much set however. Looks like the Rezound won. I'll let you know how it shakes out.

Reaction score
I had 5 droidxs , 2 x2s , thunderbolt& nexus. Rezound is only phone I have had 0 issues with. IMO this is a very under rated phone!!!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i love the rezound, but there are definitely boot loop issues with a decent amount

Please elaborate. I've not had any on mine and read something about a bootloop problem if using restart instead of power off but thought the firmware update resolved that (?) .

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy via Blue Tapatalk

moset

Reaction score
I had a boot loop but it was because of a bad SIM card.
I'm gonna check out the RAZR Maxx just to see how it stacks up. I like Moto and call me crazy but Blur does some things better than sense imho.
With extended battery the rezound has acceptable life but it's a chunk.
We shall see.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Snoking

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I hadn't read a bad thing about the rezound, (and I read alot) and it completely floored me when nobody local had one, or anything good to say. I guess I'll drive up to the larger store about 30 miles from here and see if they have one. My mind is pretty much set however. Looks like the Rezound won. I'll let you know how it shakes out.

The $99.95 price is online only right now. Chris

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

cp24eva

Reaction score
You know what the funny thing about the Verizon reps is? They are almost as misinformed as people not working for verizon. I had a guy at the store ask me how I like my rezound when I was buying some accessories. OMG, I think I should be a sales rep for HTC because I have him THE WHOLE RUN DOWN in about 10 minutes of talking to him. A month later I went to the store to ask about a tablet and saw the same guy. I ask him did he ever settle on a phone. He says yup, he got the rezound and has been very happy with it and admittedly says he thinks it's the best phone on verizon. Not because he has it, but because it just is.