Issues after rain

slowautoxr

Reaction score
I had my old phone for about 7 years. I got this one about 7 months ago and made the mistake of leaving it outside about2 weeks ago. It rained of course. The phone was on an expanded metal table with the glass surface up.

The battery moisture indicator turned red. The visible one on the phone did not. I did the rice thing and the phone now has a couple of problems. The volume down key no longer works. The phone hangs up after a couple of seconds into a conversation. The display wakes up frequently while it is sitting on my desk. The phone does not power up normally either. If I just try to power up it goes to a black screen that says the battery is okay and I need to attach the USB cable. If I push the vol up/ vol down and power buttons it'll go to the black screen and by pushing the vol up, it'll go into the normal power up routine.

Is there anything that I could do with my phone before I send if off for a repair? GadgetHospital.com said that there was a 50/50 chance of them being able to repair it.