Issue with Screen... thoughts?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by GeneralZod, Dec 5, 2012.

1. GeneralZod

GeneralZod Member

Recently my screen started flickering. It's very consistent. It doesn't do it when I turn the phone on, but after I swipe to unlock. It doesn't do it again, even as I open and close apps. I'm not using any 3rd party screen locks or launchers. It's not a huge deal, but concerns me that a bigger issue is looming. Any thoughts? Thanks.
  2. jkaod

jkaod Active Member

I would bet that you have the screen brightness set on auto. That is just the automatic screen brightness adjusting to the ambient light level. Change it to a fixed screen brightness and turn the screen on and off and I'm sure it will go away. I notice exactly the same thing if my screen brightness is on auto. No problems with the phone.
  3. GeneralZod

GeneralZod Member

Unfortunately, that was no it. My brightness was fixed. I did try setting it to ambient and then back to ficed, but had no luck.
  4. jkaod

jkaod Active Member

Dang, thought that was it. Mine flickers slightly when I first unlock it, but I think it's only when it's on auto brightness. I almost always leave it on auto and I've only tested it a couple of times on fixed brightness and it doesn't seem to do it. If there are no other problems, I wouldn't worry about it.