Issue with my ROM

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by drice72, Feb 16, 2011.

1. drice72

drice72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my ROM install for a litter over two weeks. I themed it after about a week.
    I followed the guide for a clean install when installing this ROM. I had no performance issues for a week after initial set-up so I added the theme. I had no issues with performance until the last two days. Its been very sluggish.
    I'm running the stock kernel.
    I reboot every am.
    I have removed apps installed after the rom was flashed with the exception of the theme.
    I have cleared my Davlik Cache through Titanium.
    I have all apps installed to my SD card except those that have widgets and system apps.

I'm kind of at a loss on what to do next. Should I remove the theme? It was running just fine for a week. No issues, no FC's nothing.

2. bazar6

bazar6 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I'd say it wouldn't hurt do a trial-and-error to see if it is the theme, for maybe like a day or two. Did you build the theme or grab one from the sticky?

Check your processes too (Advanced Task Killer, stock Manage apps, or another), see if anything is eating up your memory. I usually turn off my bluetooth and GPS to see if they are acting up too. Pretty much every time my phone goes back to normal after killing process and turning those off.

3. drice72

drice72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What is a good level to have? I have 49mB free.

4. bazar6

bazar6 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    That's what I usually end up with when I'm using my phone. But after I kill a lot of them (but leaving the widgets) I go up to 70mb, sometimes 80mb, free.

5. drice72

drice72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Duh! I cleared the cache from all my apps. Runs like new. I'm such an idiot. Should have been the FIRST thing I tried! At least it a very simple issue.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App