Issue with Google Voice.. I guess? Help!

cc16177

Reaction score
Ok so this may sound kinda weird but last Thursday my phone completely died (I posted a thread here somewhere to that effect) and I took it in to the Verizon store to have them look at it.

While there, I had my first ever seizure. Now, I am totally fine (at this point) and am going through all the proper steps to find out why this happened and if I can prevent it (I am only 22 so this is a little odd to me).

ANYWAYS by the time that was all said and done I had my phone back in my possession but if I talked to anyone at Verizon about what they did I don't remember. I tried calling them but they said they just 'reset' it.

So my issue is this, for some reason the phone constantly has a notification that I have a new voicemail. I can't clear it, if I click on it it dials to my Google Voice number, asks for my pin, and tells me I have no new voicemails. I have tried switching back and forth between "my carrier" and "Google Voice" for voicemail call settings and everything, but no luck so far.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I know this is kinda stupid but I can't remember a good 6-8 hour period of that day so I have no idea what I may have done to the settings to get it like this...

Thanks for any and all help!!
Collin

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Man I'm really sorry to hear that happened to you...seriously..but glad that you're okay now!

Maybe try another factory reset since you just had one done anyway...and if you have acquired any significant apps just use Astro or something to back them up

OP
C

cc16177

Reaction score
Well they didn't even do a factory reset they just said they did a battery pull. I believe i'm running the smoked glass rom right now or bugless beast (I can't remember to be honest, my entire memory is a bit spotty from before that day) and I don't feel like dealing with re rooting or whatever i did to get the phone like this... so i'm trying to avoid doing a factory reset if possible.

Smokin Joe WIlson

Reaction score
Stuck Notification..

Ok so this may sound kinda weird but last Thursday my phone completely died (I posted a thread here somewhere to that effect) and I took it in to the Verizon store to have them look at it.

While there, I had my first ever seizure. Now, I am totally fine (at this point) and am going through all the proper steps to find out why this happened and if I can prevent it (I am only 22 so this is a little odd to me).

ANYWAYS by the time that was all said and done I had my phone back in my possession but if I talked to anyone at Verizon about what they did I don't remember. I tried calling them but they said they just 'reset' it.

So my issue is this, for some reason the phone constantly has a notification that I have a new voicemail. I can't clear it, if I click on it it dials to my Google Voice number, asks for my pin, and tells me I have no new voicemails. I have tried switching back and forth between "my carrier" and "Google Voice" for voicemail call settings and everything, but no luck so far.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I know this is kinda stupid but I can't remember a good 6-8 hour period of that day so I have no idea what I may have done to the settings to get it like this...

Thanks for any and all help!!
Collin

Call Verizon and have them reset your voice mail count to zero, that should do it....
Joe