1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Issue with Droidmod 1.0 and signal strength

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by goingup, Feb 23, 2010.

1. goingup

goingup New Member

I had installed droidmods v1.0 rom. I had noticed when attempting to download anything from marketplace that I was constantly dropping the signal and would have to retry to connect. I am in a crappy signal area for verizon but never dropped the signal when downloading anything from marketplace before with standard 2.0.1. I went back to stock for now but does anyone know if each of these roms made by our community have different signal strengths or software for attaining a signal?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Yesterday I was getting quite a few FC and some from the market after I installed. 1.0. I did a 1 minute battery pull and since then I haven't had any issues.
  3. goingup

goingup New Member

So does anyone know if signal strengths can change from one rom to another? Or is it all on the tower side?
  4. freakboy2539

freakboy2539 New Member

I honestly dont think the signal strength changes from rom to rom. I beleive its alot of the themes used ion these roms the indicators act differently. Out of every rom ive used and ive tried quite a few the signal is different on all of them.
  5. pthance

pthance New Member

Well I've taken my wifes unrooted and my rooted phones around town with zero difference in coverage. Just my experience, but to me this myth is busted. :D
  6. unix.punkx

unix.punkx New Member

I think hook mentioning earlier is how each rom handles the signal icons. I have a custom icon set for the signal bars, its one bar lower that probably should be but i mean no big deal.