Issue with Background Data - Pls Help

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by sweenbeen, Jan 27, 2017.

1. sweenbeen

sweenbeen Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Hello all,

Recently I have been experiencing an issue with background data. Suddenly my phone (Droid Turbo running Marshmallow, stock non-rooted) has been acting up. I do not receive any notifications which require use of data unless my screen is unlocked or even forced to look. This includes Gmail, snapchat, facebook, and the like.

My Gmail is only looking for emails when I force/swipe down to refresh. I have turned on and off background data several times to no avail. I have double checked that these apps are not restricted from using background data. I have also unchecked the sync accounts option in the account settings. All have not worked.

Has anyone experienced this before? If so please assist.

2. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,348
    Read it wrong at first. With M you can set individual apps to restrict background data. Go into phone settings, applications, find the app, tap it, data usage, scroll to bottom and see if it's checked (restrict) or unchecked (no restrict) .
    Hope that helps

Support Our Troops!!!
    Beast Mode 4

<><

3. sweenbeen

sweenbeen Member

Ratings:
    +4
    But that's the issue, I am having a problem where nothing is using data. I have also restarted my phone several times to see if it would correct the issue. It hasn't.

4. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,348
    That's why I'm suggesting look at the apps themselves and not a general setting. Go to settings, data usage, scroll down and see if any are restricted . Like on mine Skype was restricted on both data and Wi-Fi though I didn't do it.
    [​IMG]
    If Google Services, Framework , etc is restricted it'll affect other apps.

Support Our Troops!!!
    Beast Mode 4

<><

• Like Like x 1