Issue with alarm volume -- need help

ralgrl

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm experiencing an issue that I'm sure is probably obvious to resolve, but for some reason I'm missing it. I'm hoping one of you gurus can help :)

I use the app Audio Manager to control sound. (if there's a better app pls let me know). I use Alarm Clock Pro as my alarm clock. The combo of these two apps on my old phone (Moto Droid X) worked just fine and I could control the sound of my alarm ringtone (I use an .mp3 of a song I like, which is stored on the SD card. I don't use a stock ringtone). However, on the Galaxy S3 when the alarm goes off I can barely hear it. I don't think it's a speaker issue because I've tested the alarm with the phone placed face-up on my nightstand and with the phone placed face-down. I've checked the settings in Audio Manager and they're set to high/loud. I've checked the phone settings and those are set to high (although, shouldn't Audio Manager override my phone settings? -- either way, I'm covered). So, why is the sound of my alarm so low that I can barely hear it? I'm having to use my Droid X as my alarm clock, which is obviously not a good long-term solution.

Oh, and just to eliminate that the issue might be with Alarm Clock Pro I downloaded Alarm Clock Xtreme. Same issue. I can barely hear the alarm.

I'm thinking I might have conflicting settings somewhere and that's affecting the sound quality of the alarm. Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks!

Sheffy007

Reaction score
Is it possible that the two alarm clock apps that you tried have their own volume settings?

OP
R

ralgrl

Reaction score
Is it possible that the two alarm clock apps that you tried have their own volume settings?

Great question. I just checked and the answer is yes it does have a volume setting, which I can confirm is set to high. (I only checked Alarm Clock Pro b/c that's the one I like more).

So... I appear to have all volume settings set to high (for alarms). I'm baffled.

Sheffy007

Reaction score
That's quite a dilemma. I would just use the stock alarm app

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
bit curious about this as had my own alarm issue had one set it either did not go off or was slept through just tested the alarm and it went off when reset

BeGood

Reaction score
I use alarmdroid, it has it own volume over-ride setting, meaning I put it at 80-90% so that no matter what the phone volume is, it will be at the 80-90%. When I try it, it sounds fine and loud enough, but like you for some reason, when my alarm goes off in the morning, just does not seem to be no where as loud as when I set it up. So basically in the same boat as you, going to use my OG as alarm for now, I over slept two days.

The5Venomz

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue, has anyone found the cause or a workaround?

acoustic_carnival

Reaction score
I got a Droid RAZR max and I'm having the same problem. Can't heat the audio when alarm sounds. It's very quiet. All volumes set to max. Any solutions

twhibb

Reaction score
Samsung galaxy siii alarm not loud enough

My wife had this same issue. Sounds silly, but we were able to fix it by simply turning the phone off and then taking the battery out for a couple of minutes. When we started it back up, the alarm was back at a reasonable volume --- enough to actually serve as an alarm!

Hope this helps some of you.

Best regards.