1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Issue: voice calls drain battery too quickly

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by virtueoftheabsurd, Jul 14, 2010.

1. virtueoftheabsurd

virtueoftheabsurd New Member

Hi all,

I'm running BB v.4, and really love it. However, voice calls eat a tremendous amount of battery. More than they used to.

Take now, for instance. My phone is at 80% battery, and voice calls are responsible for 75% of the the battery loss (i.e. 15% of my battery). But I only made 25 minutes of calls! By that math, the same calls 6 times would be 150 minutes, or two and half hours of voice calls. And my battery would be down to 10%, i.e.: dead.

I know that nobody believes Motorola when they rate the Droid for 6.4 hours of talk time. But I should be getting better than 2.5 hours.

Anyone having this problem on BB? Anyone solved it with a particular kernel? I've tried lots, but I'm open to suggestions.

For the record, I love BB. Haven't tried other ROMs to see if the problem is replicated.
  2. skyyaa

skyyaa New Member

I've noticed the same thing.
  3. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

I'll have to pay more attention. For me, BB0.4 has gotten marginally better on the calls. I'd say I can get 5 hours, of course I'm not sure if on a conf call with mute if it arbitrarily improves performance since it's not processing voice data on my end.

I usually use a bluetooth earpiece, as well...not sure if that's a factor.
  4. ndhill1976

ndhill1976 New Member

I was having the same problem, and I fixed it, but I don't know how.

I was on the new baseband and the stock BB kernel.

I went to a P3 kernel and went back to the old baseband about the same time.

for my phone the p3 kernel gives me much better battery life in general, and I don't know if the phone call part was helped by the kernel or baseband.
Search tags for this page

android voice calls drain battery

how stop voice calls drain battery android
how to save battery used by voice calls
stop my voice calls from draining my battery
voice call draining battery in nexus 4
voice call takes up battery life
voice calls draing battery

voice calls draining battery