1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

issue pushing framework-res.apk

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by dodgersrgood, Feb 14, 2011.

1. dodgersrgood

dodgersrgood New Member

ive done it before but right now i dont know why but when i push it nothing changes. the way ive been doing it was going into recovery mounting /system and then pushing the edited apk to /system/framework/framework-res.apk and then i reboot and it works fine. dont know if there is an easier way(probably is) just been doing it this way cuz it was working. now the changes that i make wont stick. the only thing ive done different is i took the framework from a liberty theme on the dx and took those images and put them in. i dont see why that would cause a problem tho. any ideas?
  2. B-boy™

B-boy™ Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel Theme Developer Premium Member

Depends on the rom... Froyo had most of the same names for the png's but the new gb roms have diff names and they use the SystemUI.apk for most of the statusbar icons at the top.. battery is in framework though... not sure if this is the issue you have tho....
  3. dodgersrgood

dodgersrgood New Member

thats all im really tinkering with right now is the battery/wifi/signal icons. and i saw in the dx liberty one there was like a battery xml and that wasn't in the project elite one so i was thinking thats why the battery wasnt theming but that doesnt explain some of the other stuff. also would .9 images be able to just copy over cuz i did alot of those and nothing happened
  4. B-boy™

B-boy™ Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel Theme Developer Premium Member

liberty might read in more increments than PE so the new batt will only show on a reading that PE uses.. not sure why nothing at all is applying tho.. usually it's a few things do and others don't... if the image is named the same and within reason, is sized the same, then it should apply no problem... PE isn't a gb rom as far as I can remember so it's all framework-res stuff... and for the most part .9's will transfer. If you don't get it figured out just shoot me a pm and I can see if I can get it for ya...
  5. dodgersrgood

dodgersrgood New Member

k well ill look at it a little more tonight and tomorrow and if i cant get it ill pm you
  6. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

I doubt this is it, but how much free space do you have in system?

I have seen a few ROMs that are pretty tight in the /system partition, where metamorphs, update.zips, and even manually pushing apps won't work.

Code:
    adb shell
    su
    df -h
    ^ will give you a list of all mounted systems and their space remaining.
  7. dodgersrgood

dodgersrgood New Member

i have 143744k total, 130088k used, and 13656k available. does that sound right?

and also what is the best way to push a new framework-res.apk?
Search tags for this page

how to push framework-res.apk