Issue playing media DLNA from Bionic to PS3

mikryd

Reaction score
When i try to stream pictures or play music using DLNA preloaded app or any other I've loaded from the market to my PS3 via my Bionic It works fine. But, if i try to stream videos that I've taken with my Bionic i get this error "the data type is not supported (800288BD)". I already updated my PS3 firmware to the latest.Has anyone else experienced this issue? And does anyone have a fix? All help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Lil4cyl

Reaction score
Try converting the movies on your phone to. Avi or vob format

OP
M

mikryd

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Will try converting my media. Do you know of any on device media converters? The only one I could find that works is "Mediaconverter". Thanks again for your help

Lil4cyl

Reaction score
Not sure right off hand. I know from streaming and copyingmovies to watch on my PS3 that it plays those formats. Not sure of the pbone format but i think 3gp or something like that. So may not be compatible. If you see the format of the phone vids just google the phone format to avi converter or something similar.

PurpleTwinkie

Reaction score
Cool. Is it self explanatory or a pain to get working? I'll try it out.

DC 1127

Reaction score
As long as your phone is connected to the same network as your xbox then your xbox should recognize it and be able to play music. It can be a little annoying when your trying to select music to play because the songs are in a random order but that may just be my phone.

Liberated D2

PurpleTwinkie

Reaction score
Ok, got it to work. Kinda lame though. Thanks!