Issue of disrespect or people being over sensitive?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
xmen_apocalypse_1_2.jpg

Fox apologized for its xmen apocalypse promo ad that featured Jennifer Lawrence being choked by Oscar Isaac's apocalypse. Some have called Fox out for the ad calling it offensive.

.Fox apologizes for X-Men: Apocalypse promo image of Jennifer Lawrence being strangled

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I don't want to cross that line but i am ao tired of all the whining sissies in this country making huge deals out of nothing. More so I am tired even more tired of this companies rolling over on to their backs and apologizing for everything they do. At some point soon there will just be a permanent banner and all ads and everything with disclaimer saying they are sorry for any content in the ad.

People are going to throw fits aboit this and make it a scene and draw tje eye to it where as if they would habe ignored it it would have never made headlines like it has now. Which is why Fox is so ok with apologizing and making it a news topic.

Lets throw fits about things that are happening in this country that truly impact day to day life instead of spilled milk.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Personally I do not see anything wrong with the ad. This was not something that was done to belittle women. In fact Jennifer Lawrence is one of Hollywood's leading actors/actresses. This is a case of people being over sensitive. Any one who have seen the current xmen franchise can attest to Mystique, Lawrence's character, being a strong female character despite Lawrence mailing it in during her performance in xmen apocalypse. I think this is the case of the pendulum singing too far the other way where someone can get offended by anything and demand a change where a change is not warranted.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those who have never seen X Men would not be able to tell that is a woman being strangled from that photo. Only a blue person
At the bottom of the article the true agenda is revealed. Feminism and pretending offense to push the agenda.
55be37b750d1ed5267959e2ec5f6f99a.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The local conservative talk radio was having a field day with this. The thing is, Mystique is gonna kick his ass so who should we feel sorry for? Also, do women want to be pitied and coddled when in a conflict as the weaker sex, or do they want to be considered equals? If that were Mystique strangling Apocalypse would anyone be upset? Smh

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I don't want to cross that line but i am ao tired of all the whining sissies in this country making huge deals out of nothing. More so I am tired even more tired of this companies rolling over on to their backs and apologizing for everything they do. At some point soon there will just be a permanent banner and all ads and everything with disclaimer saying they are sorry for any content in the ad.

People are going to throw fits aboit this and make it a scene and draw tje eye to it where as if they would habe ignored it it would have never made headlines like it has now. Which is why Fox is so ok with apologizing and making it a news topic.

Lets throw fits about things that are happening in this country that truly impact day to day life instead of spilled milk.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
+1 x 1000
The "sissification" (only due to our family friendly forum is the G-rated term used here) of America is out of control. What really bothers me is when comedians have to publicly apologize for jokes they make because they offended someone.

Ridiculous issues such as this have become all too commonplace in our society. While the days of Richard Pryor & George Carlin are long gone, these two comedic greats would have had a field day over crap like this if they were alive today.
SMDH

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
+1 x 1000
The "sissification" (only due to our family friendly forum is the G-rated term used here) of America is out of control. What really bothers me is when comedians have to publicly apologize for jokes they make because they offended someone.
Ridiculous issues such as this have become all too commonplace in our society. While the days of Richard Pryor & George Carlin are long gone, these two comedic greats would have had a field day over crap like this if they were alive today.
SMDH

S5 tap'n
OMG, could you imagine, "The seven insults you can't say about people who are of a certain gender or race".

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
When he gets done choking her she'd better make him a sammich!
(I apologise in advance to any blue-tinged, sammich making females I may have offended)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
When he gets done choking her she'd better make him a sammich!
(I apologise in advance to any blue-tinged, sammich making females I may have offended)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Roflol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Saw the movie last night. People of many colors & different sexes fought each other. I was not offended.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Saw the movie last night. People of many colors & different sexes fought each other. I was not offended.

This, as I wrote before, was a ploy to drop folks from going to see the truth, that everybody gets beat up and beats everybody up, because there wasn't a female director. It had nothing to do with the ad, the movie itself or even the target audience.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><