Issue getting rid of verizon VM notification

dooop

Reaction score
Im stuck with a notification for 5 Voicemails on my notification bar and cant figure out how to get rid of it.

I stuipedly set google voice up when i had 5 unchecked VM in my verizon VM inbox and now that its setup i cant get into my verizon VM to delete them and get rid of the notification.

Help please?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Atook

Reaction score
EZ-PZ man, go to google voice in your browser (computer) and under settings disable your phone. Check your Verizon voicemails (*86). Then re-enable your phone in Google Voice.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Use the method you used to set up your Google voicemail but use your phone number instead. Dial your voicemail to get rid of Verizon voicemails, then enable Google again

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
These guys are right, just disable the GV and then access your Verizon voice mail. Then just re-enable your GV. Easy peasy.

OP
D

dooop

Reaction score
That is indeed all i needed to do, i didnt think to log into my google account and go to voice.

Incase anyone else is oblivious and has this issue just dial* 73 to deactivate googlevoice

Thanks for the help, much appreciated

rlkellenbenz

Reaction score
What about YouMail? Is there an easy way to disable YouMail instead of uninstalling it and then re-installing when I get the messages stuck?

go.nocturn

Reaction score
That happened to me as well.

I dial *86 and went to settings(4) and then enabled voicemail notification and then pressed ** and it hung up, and my problem was solved...

Took near 3 days to finally get it