issue after pe 6

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by Forcedbyhatred, May 19, 2011.

1. Forcedbyhatred

Forcedbyhatred New Member

okay so i had alot of problems on my Droid 1 with pe 5.0.2 especially with the service drops ( bars and 3g turning white and then being told i have no service) lots of force closes and other things like that.

so i loaded pe 6 yesterday the only main issue is that the bars/3g turned white and i had to reboot the phone numerous times to use it. at my home it was fine, i have decent service there and no issues. the issue started at my girlfriends house, the service there is less then spectacular constantly going between 3g with 1 bar to 1x with 2 bars and no service at all. could this be a reason for that happening?

(when i flashed the rom i used rzrecovery, i cleared/wiped everything so it was fresh and restored using tibu pro)
  2. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

Unfortunatley the new fix for 3g can still have 3g issues. Its rare but for some people it happens more then others. I actually had the same problem when I first put the fix in. The way I was able to get it to stop was (probably luck but it worked) I wiped everything and formatted my partitions and loaded pe 4.2 froyo then wiped again and formatted my partitions again and loaded pe v6 beta and have not had an issue since.
    Apparently with the new fix cvpcs stated that 3g will stay grey/white when there are inconsistencies with the default gateway.
    A lot of other on all gb roms still have the issue and it seems to only affect some while not affecting others. Also after going back to froyo then back to gb I *228 option 2.
    And be sure when you use tb you do not install anythibg with system data from your last rom
  3. Zepius

Zepius New Member

rule 1 of roms) just skip TiBu and never use it.
  4. Rodeojones

Rodeojones New Member

I disagree with this. I have always used TiBu and have no problems. I restore the system data that's in green (except for Bluetooth settings) as well as user apps with data and my phone doesn't have any problems. I even did this going from PE 5.0.2 to 6 (despite it being a newer version of the OS) and my phone is still bug free. I guess I have a lucky phone.
  5. Forcedbyhatred

Forcedbyhatred New Member

thanx for the tip i am gonna wipe all the partitions i didnt do that but i wiped everything else, also i had a question with tibu. when restoring apps and such theres a batch mode selection for restore missing apps and restore all apps with data. the restore apps with data doesnt restore system data right? since system data is on another selection?
  6. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

i also disagree. when i use it i only install apps without data and if i had a app that i needed my passwords ext then i would just go to that app and click restore data only. i only have like 3 apps that i had to go back into and click restore data only. havnt had an issue no force closes or nothing.
  7. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

check out gld stickied thread in pe and it goes step by step on how to do it. system data is in green. when i restore, the only data i restore is bookmarks then i go and do all missing apps with data but only click on restore app not data unless you absolutely have to.
  8. Zepius

Zepius New Member

considering the amount of issues caused by TiBu... maybe if you only restore very small amounts its ok, but its killed alot of rom installs for people.
  9. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

Titanium Backup is a good app, just gotta use it wisely ......I only use it to replace apps, not data, and especially not system data...why would you when the new ROM may have different files that may reject some of your backed up data???