isn't froyo supposed to have...? (not about tethering or hotspot)

Reaction score
will droid one be getting gingerbread then?

Though nothing is in stone and it might end up being a watered down version but as far as what little google has said it seems the droid 1 will be getting gingerbread. Rumor is in Oct area, but for how updates get pushed back and this one is a whole UI overhaul id be surprised if it was released. MAYBE, just maybe gingerbread will make its first appearance on the rumored droid pro?

And yeah i never heard anything about an itunes client for android. All ive heard is that "Google Music" is supposed to launch either with or right after gingerbread's release slated for the fall

ChugIt

Reaction score
Yea well think about this....
How about screw itunes and Google create their own Google Media Store or something to counter itunes? They did it with Android vs. iphone, why not go after itunes? Don't join 'em, beat 'em! Remember: All the experts laughed at Android from the get-go. I say let them laugh and take a shot at itunes with their own service.

OP
W

Wavefunction

Reaction score
will droid one be getting gingerbread then?

Though nothing is in stone and it might end up being a watered down version but as far as what little google has said it seems the droid 1 will be getting gingerbread. Rumor is in Oct area, but for how updates get pushed back and this one is a whole UI overhaul id be surprised if it was released. MAYBE, just maybe gingerbread will make its first appearance on the rumored droid pro?

And yeah i never heard anything about an itunes client for android. All ive heard is that "Google Music" is supposed to launch either with or right after gingerbread's release slated for the fall

as long as I can stream from iTunes, I'm happy

Nibbz

Reaction score
I don't think it would be a good idea for Android to use anything to do with itunes. In my opinion that would be like showing people drinking Coke in a Pepsi commercial and then talking about how good Pepsi is. I think Google should distance itself from iAnything personally.

they cant do that though. iTunes is the industry standard as far as computer music players go. If they add this simple connectivity, then they stay compatible with many users who may want an iphone just because it works with itunes. Google is helping consumers by essentially endorsing a rivals music player. Google cares.

edit: and for the record. Google DID announce a feature that will allow your itunes to stream into what looks like an updated music player to your android. They announced this at the Google I/O, check the Android keynote on youtube. iTunes streaming WILL come to Android, presented by Google. They announced it after they announced features for froyo stating that all that followed (including the itunes streaming) is a sneak peak beyond froyo.

ChugIt

Reaction score
Well... it is a bad idea if you ask me. Nothing will change my mind. The "They can't do that" statement was said MANY times about Android phones, now look. They could, and should. It seems asinine to support the competition just because people are used to it. Did they support the iphone to launch Android? NO. So when is the new Ford Corvette coming out?

superglen99

Reaction score
I had the app, man I wish I could remember the name. Home pipe will allow streaming of itunes as well as other media so try that