isn't froyo supposed to have...? (not about tethering or hotspot)

Wavefunction

Reaction score
I've been looking and looking, and I can't find the itunes streaming google promised on my froyo? anyone found this? I can't find anything when I search for the company's name (simplified media)

cpjr

Reaction score
Dont know, just think its really funny you put "(not about tethering or hotspot)" in the title instead of just saying "itunes streaming" , lol.

Droidfish

Reaction score
I was unaware of Google announcing this as a function built into froyo. I know Google's supposed to be working on a cloud based music service that would allow streaming but I don't think it will have anything to do with itunes.

OP
W

Wavefunction

Reaction score
I had posted this question in the froyo help threads without response 3 times, so I thought I could get some more attention if I was vague

OP
W

Wavefunction

Reaction score
I was unaware of Google announcing this as a function built into froyo. I know Google's supposed to be working on a cloud based music service that would allow streaming but I don't think it will have anything to do with itunes.

wasn't it in their I/O conference announcement may 20th?
you can look at the video on youtube-I watched it again yesterday to see if I could find anything that would tell me what I was looking for

Moreno

Reaction score
Very interesting, why would Apple and Google still allow this with the whole competition against each other in the smartphone race?

ChugIt

Reaction score
I don't think it would be a good idea for Android to use anything to do with itunes. In my opinion that would be like showing people drinking Coke in a Pepsi commercial and then talking about how good Pepsi is. I think Google should distance itself from iAnything personally.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Apparently the technology was already provided by the company simplify media but I can't find any mention about it online after May 21. It seems like something that would come in the form of an application rather than an OTA update though.

sc4fpse

Reaction score
I don't think it would be a good idea for Android to use anything to do with itunes. In my opinion that would be like showing people drinking Coke in a Pepsi commercial and then talking about how good Pepsi is. I think Google should distance itself from iAnything personally.

Bad logic. If Android wants to convert customers from iPods and iPhones, then they absolutely need some way to get their iTunes music synced properly with their Android device. This is a big deal for a lot of people... unfortunately.

Anyways, this feature was never scheduled to be in Froyo. It sounds like they're working on it for Gingerbread.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Bad logic. If Android wants to convert customers from iPods and iPhones, then they absolutely need some way to get their iTunes music synced properly with their Android device. This is a big deal for a lot of people... unfortunately.

Anyways, this feature was never scheduled to be in Froyo. It sounds like they're working on it for Gingerbread.

This is very true, itunes has just had a stronghold on the market for quite some time. I'm always talking people into jumping ship to android even if they don't own the iphone and I always have to explain the little work arounds between itunes and android. While I hope that google does make an itunes alternative that fact that the phrase "itunes alternative" is even used by people is just evidence of itunes dominance.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I don't do iTunes and don't plan to. I rip my CDs to mp3 and then to Droid via USB. If I want to buy mp3s I'll do it through Amazon, but only if it's not DRM-infected, cos I'm not having that on my PC.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
W

Wavefunction

Reaction score
I don't do iTunes and don't plan to. I rip my CDs to mp3 and then to Droid via USB. If I want to buy mp3s I'll do it through Amazon, but only if it's not DRM-infected, cos I'm not having that on my PC.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Itunes got rid of DRM a while back.

yes but anything you bought pre-DRM-FREE itunes still has DRM, that is unless you buy it all again

all the movies are still DRM as well I think