Isn't anyone else a little angered? Bionic vs. Atrix Discussion

OP
OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
Says a lot about your reputation...

I am to ignorant to even understand what that means apparently....

I want an HTC EVO. Bad. But since VZW doesn't have one, I don't get one. I am not mad at anyone because VZW doesn't have the phone I want.

Before you ask, why don't I switch? Because work pays for my phone.

Then why come in here asking why I don't switch carriers when you don't know my situation.

Also, HTC Thunderbolt = HTC EVO on Roids in my opinion. The free hotspotting for four devices on the Thunderbolt has me intrigued.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
Dont blame moto blame verizon for pretty much forgetting they had an android line and bending over backwards for apple

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

rgn2000

Reaction score
[QUOTE
I can see where Motorola could feel betrayed by Verizon and jump ship, kind of makes them chicken for not taking on the Iphone head on in my opinion though.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App[/QUOTE]

I am not sure chicken is the right word either. Moto is into sales and they have to make decisions on where they think their phones will sell the most. Don't forget the Iphone is on ATT as well so in a way it goes head to head there. The only difference is the Iphone is new to Verizon at the moment and this is where Verizon is going to put its resources. Why should Moto put heavy resources into Verizon at least for this time frame.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
VZW made me very upset by picking up the Iphone....I knew they were going to do it when the opportunity arrose but Android was already taking market share from Iphone....I don't know why they did it but I wont be switching to an iphone.....EVER!

OP
OriginalDroid

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
Moto isn't ditching VZW are they?

From the sounds of things, I had it all backwards, VZW ditched Moto in favor of the evil empire.

And its a shame, because I can't ditch big red. Or I'd own an evo on sprints network right now.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The Bionic is pretty much the same phone as the Atrix but without the lapdock functionality, which is little more than a grossly overpriced gimmick. On top of that, AT&T is going to require a tethering plan if you want the $200 discount for the dock. VZW has unlimited data, AT&T does not, so I can see why VZW may not have wanted this functionality on their network.

Also, AT&T has had an inferior line-up of Android in comparison to VZW. So if you are Moto, the bigger opportunity for growth is AT&T, with or without the IPhone on VZW (though obviously especially with it).

I expect big things from Bionic on VZW LTE network. Of course, the Thunderbolt is no slouch and there will be at least a few other premium options this year.

dafischman

Reaction score
OMG, the sky is falling!!!!!!

No one is ditching anyone. You have a few VZ/Moto Fanboi's that are crying because Moto is releasing a phone on ATT that they want. BTW, I'm a Verizon/D1 user and like both of the companies. I don't know how/why anyone is crying about this. The Atrix isn't the end all of phones and maybe VZ looked at the options available and figured that the difference in asking price for the Atrix vs the Bionic versions by Moto wasn't worth it. How you can say Moto is ditching when they will be bring the Bionic, Droid 3 and a possible version of the Atrix in Q4 I don't understand. And with half the stuff Moto has been doing to lock down their phones options like HTC and LG are also options.

Cliff Notes:

Get over it, every few months better phones are released by different companies on different networks. Either live with what is available to you or go somewhere else. Quit whining about it.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm overreacting, but I'm a lot pissed that Motorola is sticking to the Verizon faithful and sending their better phone to AT&T after the Verizon faithful practically resurrected their phone branch from the dead.
...and whose fault is that? Loyalty to any corporation is always misplaced IMO. They do not reciprocate.

In any case, no carrier gets all the exclusives. Hit Howard Forums and every carrier's forum has people griping about phone selection. It's the old "grass is greener" thing. There are always people that want the latest device that their carrier isn't getting.

Have you ever heard of a thing called a reputation? I can't believe people are so ignorant.
Pot, kettle. Have you ever heard of a thing called money? I can't believe people are so ignorant.

Stop anthropomorphizing these corporations. Their loyalty is only to their shareholders. This is business and it's nothing like your personal relationships. It's not like Motorola and Verizon were best buddies and had a friendship that overcame the whole money thing until at&t slept with Motorola. Exclusives go to the carrier with the best offer. Loyalty, "reputation" (in your specific context), and whatever other human characteristics you attribute to these corporations are all irrelevant.

From the sounds of things, I had it all backwards, VZW ditched Moto in favor of the evil empire.
It's really more at&t upping their Android game since they no longer have the iPhone exclusively in the US. If you don't like that, complain to Verizon. Griping here won't accomplish anything.

Detonation

Reaction score
The Atrix is only better if you're willing to also spend $500 for its laptop dock. Yes it has more RAM too, but the Bionic has a bigger screen and a better camera.

warrior21

Reaction score
VZW made me very upset by picking up the Iphone....I knew they were going to do it when the opportunity arrose but Android was already taking market share from Iphone....I don't know why they did it but I wont be switching to an iphone.....EVER!
Verizon would have been foolish not to get the Iphone. For any company it is all about sales and those will boost by bringing the Iphone to their network. You might not want it but there are plenty of At&t users that will switch over to Verizon and even more current Verizon users that will buy that phone. Not everyone is as passionate about Android as the members of this forum are. Personally I'm not a fan of the phone either but I can't blame anyone else for liking it

The Pope

Reaction score
Get over it, every few months better phones are released by different companies on different networks. Either live with what is available to you or go somewhere else. Quit whining about it.

+1 About time someone stated the ovvious!

So ....... :work1:

Phones are placed on different networks to hopefully aquire a larger share of the market. Moto only did what it thinks will do that.

The bottom line: Of the 2 phones that Moto will be releasing One Of Them Has A Docking Station And It's An Over Priced Docking Station As Well. So let the ppl over on att take the hit for that. I'll save the differance for some other gagit I want.