iSheep Drill Holes Into Their iPhone 7 To Reveal Headphone Jack!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you are not really familiar with the youtube tech community you may not have heard of TechRax. This guy has built a following of more than 5million subscribers and gets more than 1million views per video. This channel is kind of like a car wreck that you can't look away from. Each video consists of Taras Maksimuk destroying whatever the current newest flagship device happens to be. Destruction videos go far beyond the standard drop test. Taras boils phones, places them in the microwave, runs them over with tanks, drops them in volcanoes, and worse all to see if these phones can survive his torture tests. ***SPOILER ALERT*** they can't!

In one of his latest videos he drills a hole in the bottom of an iPhone 7 to "Get A Headphone Jack On The iPhone 7". Obviously drilling a hole in a phone won't make a headphone jack magically appear. However humans can not be trusted with trolling videos like this in the wild. Out of the 9 million viewers of this video it turns out a handful of gullible individuals decided to "Add a headphone jack to their iPhone 7". As would be expected they destroyed their $800 phones. Of course this kind of modification is not covered under warranty so these people have lost their phones and their money.

James Ceja left the following comment. "I tried this and ended up with display destruction and it not working... I really committed the biggest mistake of my life by watching this video."
There were many other comments suggesting the same situation. Who is at fault here? I feel like when it comes to the internet you should believe nothing and research everything! What are your thoughts on this.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Amazing. You mean everything you read, hear and see both in the internet and even by word of mouth isn't guaranteed to be 100℅ accurate? Makes me wonder if common sense isn't a learned response instead of what is commonly believed to be instinctive.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Amazing. You mean everything you read, hear and see both in the internet and even by word of mouth isn't guaranteed to be 100℅ accurate? Makes me wonder if common sense isn't a learned response instead of what is commonly believed to be instinctive.

"You can't believe everything you read on the internet"
Abraham Lincoln
8d3f275fec6fc8c15bb0b56742968e37.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
No no guys it totally works, but he left out a critical step. You have to purchase a 6.35 mm TRS drill bit that sleeves the jack with the necessary components.

Then install Pokemon GO, beat the Elite Four 300 times and fly back to Vermillion City. Use HM01 Cut to slash the guard preventing you from going to the SS Anne dock, in half, then use HM 03 Surf to get to the truck parked to the right. Go to any browser and search for an image of keys, upload the images into the game to start the truck, and you'll hear the radio click on.

Now your head phone jack will work.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
No no guys it totally works, but he left out a critical step. You have to purchase a 6.35 mm TRS drill bit that sleeves the jack with the necessary components.

Then install Pokemon GO, beat the Elite Four 300 times and fly back to Vermillion City. Use HM01 Cut to slash the guard preventing you from going to the SS Anne dock, in half, then use HM 03 Surf to get to the truck parked to the right. Go to any browser and search for an image of keys, upload the images into the game to start the truck, and you'll hear the radio click on.

Is THAT all?

Last edited:

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score

You forgot that if the truck doesn't Teleport to Cinnabar Island while playing Stairway to heaven it didn't work, and you've gotta drill another hole and start over.

I read somewhere that if you put the headphone jack in the middle of the screen it activates the hidden bluetooth 7.0 and all 3.5mm headphones in the vicinity will work without needing to be connected.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Never question how smart we as humans can be. Also, don't ever question how gullible we as humans can be......