Is your tbolt rebooting several times a day?

MrKleen

Reaction score
Called Verizon today about reboot issues...they are sending me another phone. Didn't start rebooting until after the update. The weird thing I noticed was when I did a hard reset but downloaded programs stayed on the phone. The programs weren't on the SD card so I don't see how they would stay unless the hard reset isn't working as it should.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Your apps automatically reinstall when you do a factory data reset.

There is no reason to replace these phones. It is very easy to revert to the old radio if that is your issue. It's not a problem with the phone... And it would suck to get a refurbished phone for no reason. Sadly that's about all they can do over the phone.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its possible the issue is more of an lte issue than an ota issue. But no matter you guys are right that they should have tested it more. And this is my biggest gripe about oems wanting to crack down on rooting. Thos of us who are rooted and running a rom are also able to change our kernel and that has eliminated the reboots for us. If weekend developers, who are talented and deserve the credit, are able to fix this issue then surely htc/vzw should have by now. This confirms that I can not see myself buying another device that is locked down. Those that want to root you can fix your reboot issues. Those that are not wanting to root the only thing you can do is to keep calling vzw and demanding a fix.

USAFgunner

Reaction score
Called Verizon today about reboot issues...they are sending me another phone. Didn't start rebooting until after the update. The weird thing I noticed was when I did a hard reset but downloaded programs stayed on the phone. The programs weren't on the SD card so I don't see how they would stay unless the hard reset isn't working as it should.

There is no reason to replace these phones. It is very easy to revert to the old radio if that is your issue. It's not a problem with the phone... And it would suck to get a refurbished phone for no reason. Sadly that's about all they can do over the phone.

Mmmm I dont think so...most of my apps are gone but some remain...which ones seem like a crap shoot between hard resets though. I was hoping to wait out the gingerbread update before I rooted but guess not...

MrKleen

Reaction score

Mmmm I dont think so...most of my apps are gone but some remain...which ones seem like a crap shoot between hard resets though. I was hoping to wait out the gingerbread update before I rooted but guess not...

Not sure what you do differently than me. But in the 20 or so factory data resets I've done between all my phones my apps always auto restore. It's always good to keep things as simple and easy as possible.

USAFgunner

Reaction score

Not sure what you do differently than me. But in the 20 or so factory data resets I've done between all my phones my apps always auto restore. It's always good to keep things as simple and easy as possible.

Ones you have downloaded from the market or the bloat apps that come with the phone?

MrKleen

Reaction score

Ones you have downloaded from the market or the bloat apps that come with the phone?

Market apps auto download. The ones you had installed prior to the restore.

joewilly013

Reaction score

I have done many hard resets and my apps never restore- I end up having to download all 50-75 again. How can you get them to auto restore? Is this an option in backup assistant or in the google settings?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

USAFgunner

Reaction score

Never had an app auto restore, I always need to go back in the store and re download paid apps and search out the others...i would think app data on the phone being automatically restored would be a problem after a hard reset. What if one of those apps was causing the issue?

jseah

Reaction score
It can take a while for the apps to restore. Remember they have to re-download. Once you log into your Gmail account after the factory reset, the Market apps will auto restore (you might have to actually enter the Market app to trigger the restore to start). When I had to swap out my OG Droid 1, the apps restored automatically. When I factory reset my TB to fix the rebooting problem, the apps restored. Granted, I had a number of apps on my phone, so it took over an hour for all of the apps to be reinstalled. Apps I got from the Amazon app store needed to be manually restored.

MrKleen

Reaction score
After you do your factory data reset you have to allow a little time for your apps to be installed again. Depending on how many apps you have it can take from a few minutes to a little while.

I wonder what you guys are all doing wrong.

Your contacts also all come back on their own...

You have to sign into gmail....

Google handles all this. You also know you can log into google on your computer and manage all your apps from your computer and see what you have installed. You can also install apps and so forth from your computer without touching your phone.

USAFgunner

Reaction score
After you do your factory data reset you have to allow a little time for your apps to be installed again. Depending on how many apps you have it can take from a few minutes to a little while.

I wonder what you guys are all doing wrong.

Your contacts also all come back on their own...

You have to sign into gmail....

Google handles all this. You also know you can log into google on your computer and manage all your apps from your computer and see what you have installed. You can also install apps and so forth from your computer without touching your phone.

I realize contacts come back and updates start coming in for apps that are part if what comes with the phone but nothing else should come back...i devote a lot of time doing malware removal for home users pc's if the same thing held true you would re-infect your computer. They do occasionally slip malicious code into the market...i know I would not want to restore my phone and have a potentially malicious app reinstalling itself on my phone. you would never be able to narrow it down...for grins and giggles I did a hard restart both ways and no dice pulling all my apps back. I know I can log in and send apps back to my device, thats how I got easytether pro back on my phone since it won't show in the market. I did notice that when you do a hard reset there is no options to clear user data or the dalvik cache...could be why it has these oddities...then again if htc designed it this way then bad on them...i do know my x cleared everything and went back to a just unboxed condition

Sent from a phone with a kickstand...

MrKleen

Reaction score
"I did notice that when you do a hard reset there is no options to clear user data or the dalvik cache...could bewhy ithas these oddities...then again if htc designed it this way then bad on them...i do know my x cleared everything and went back to a just unboxed condition"

Hmm you would think these would be cleared...

yniloc

Reaction score
Did a factory reset as well. My phone shut off while charging and never came back. then it did the same thing a few hours later.

tc3

Reaction score
Tried all the "fixes" and nothing worked.

Get a replacement yesterday and have had one ( that I know of) reboot. Physically the phone is in good shape but the vibration is much weaker.