Is your modded Droid laggy and slow? Read this.

Discussion in 'Koush' started by brianjcohen, May 2, 2010.

1. Alex K.

Alex K. Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My phone handles everything very, very well. but everyday recently in the same time period (7-9am), I will experience automatic reboots. They usually stop but it's crazy stuff, :p

2. BasilofBakerStreet

BasilofBakerStreet Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have been running Cyanogen Mod 5.6.2 with Smoked Glass-Esque @ 1.1GHz with Helix2/7 screens, and atleast 2 widgets on every page. I had the worst time with force closes and crazy amounts of lag when switching apps. I found somewhere on here to go to spare parts and change the animation speeds to fast and a lot of lag was cleared up. But Helix2 would have force closes when exiting apps so I went to ROM Manager and did Fix Permissions. That was last Wednesday and I haven't had a FC since. This may help someone out. It sure as S helped me out.

3. Ayrond

Ayrond Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank for the tip on the animation speed setting, it made a huge difference in my speed! i am not sure why anyone would set that to anything but "fast".

4. VirtualGeek

VirtualGeek Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, ive been experiencing this problem lately. I found a few apps were really slowing things down for me on cyanogen - news/weather widget, engadget widget and more icons widget. Its much better now but still, i need to reboot occasionally when it starts to lag.

I'm also using droid swap with swap partition, and im actually wondering if its really doing anything...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. marty4short

marty4short Member

Ratings:
    +0
  6. DroidHoff

DroidHoff Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm running 5.0.6.2 and for me it does run better "stock" no theme. I love the nexmod theme but it appeared to me to run slower. Also noticed that running a lower voltage overclock seems to induce a little lag as well. Overall I am very happy with 5.0.6.2 and cant wait for 5.0.7. I also think the desparity in installs and performance has alot to do with how the rom was installed. i.e. what all was wiped and how it was wiped. I've also found that I can get away with a build or 2 without wiping but after that things start to get laggy. Just my personal observations!

7. pdroid

pdroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah, I've come around to running Cyanogen with no themes - though, interestingly, I have been running Helix2, which has a bad rep but for me it's been stable and fast. I still get some lag issues with dialer and handcent, but perhaps they might improve with the new release. I try to improve things with auto memory manager, despite cyanogen's recent denouncement of such tools. :)

8. machineheadg2r

machineheadg2r Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same rom and theme, same handcent issue :( I reflashed cyanogen today to see if that would work. it ran perfectly til i themed it with hex fusion again. NOw i need a new theme :(

9. powerwagon

powerwagon Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I would agree with most of what the op said, however I strongly disagree with the "get rid of the task killer" statement. I don't want this to turn into a task killer debate, but I CLEARLY notice a difference using auto memory manager vs. not using it. But, like most have said, every Droid is a little different and handles mods differently so your mileage may vary. I just switched from Cyanogen 5.0.6.2 to BB v1.0 and am happy so far. Unfortunately I'm not really loyal to any one particular ROM, as half the fun of owning this phone is experimenting with all of the rom's out there...at least it is for me :)

10. Shaneathan

Shaneathan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm gonna wait for 5.07 and if it doesn't fix the lag issue I'll switch to BB. Not because I'm loyal, but because I don't wanna go through redownloading all the applications and setting up my phone again if I don't have to.

11. Ayrond

Ayrond Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Speedy Now!

OK, here is what I have observed with my Droid. Since rooting, I have tried Jrummy's blue themed CM, Ultimate Droid 10, and Redrum Rom, and just naked CM.
    Even after overclocking, I really did not not notice any more speed, and some cases there was a lot of lag.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I tried going into spare parts, and setting "windows animations", and "transition animations" to "fast". This made a noticeable difference. Then I found a thread that mentioned also turning "on" "launcher in memory" in the spare parts menu. It also suggested to remove any task manager that you were using (I was using Advance Task Killer), and install "app Killer" from the market and set the preset to "Aggressive". I did all of this, but I only set mine for "optimal". I am overclocking LV at 1Ghz, using a bekit kernal and setCPU app.

I now have jurmmys remix v0.7 "blue themed" CM 5.0.6.2, I have Helix Launcher 2, (I like the glass dock that follows to each screen) with six screens, and multiple widgets on each one.

I cannot believe how FAST this thing is running, apps pop open quickly. Going from screen to screen is very smooth and quick. Going in and out of the app drawer is fast(this had always been a problem before). I put it up against an incredible at the VZW store, and my Droid kicked its butt!dancedroid

Maybe different droids are different. I know that I had zero problems rooting, and installing roms, and kernels, but I see on the forums how much trouble some people seem to have with this. I am no expert, but maybe this can help someone.

12. Jedijesus95

Jedijesus95 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The only lag I see is sometimes when I hit home my screen wont have any icons on it for about 3 seconds than it takes another 3 seconds before I can scroll through my home screens. I'm using the stock home on 5.0.6.2.

Search tags for this page

android a855 running slow

droid a855 internet slow

droid a855 problems slow response

motorola a855 droid apps run slow

motorola a855 runs slow

my droid a855 is slow