Is your Droid damaged?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
And what precautionary measures do you implement to protect your Droid from damage (if any), such as cases, screen protectors, etc.

jtelford17

Reaction score
you didnt put a choice for hard case with screen protector and pocket attachment.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
My D1 is encased in an Otterbox, with an accompanying screen protector. It'd be in so much worse shape without them!

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Never used a single case or screen protector, beat the crap out of the phone, dented corners and scuffs. Screen stayed minty fresh through everything. Gotta love Gorilla Glass :)

kptphalkon

Reaction score
+1 gorilla glass!

Recently picked up a body glove for my 2 global, i hate the bulk but i love the protection. I am a bit clumsy sometimes and have already scraped, dented and scruffed the corners and a side of my phone.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Never used a single case or screen protector, beat the crap out of the phone, dented corners and scuffs. Screen stayed minty fresh through everything. Gotta love Gorilla Glass :)

This. I work construction and beat the hell out of my phone, Gorilla Glass is the single best physical feature on a cellphone IMO. I have managed to get two very minor scratches last month but it was under extremely unusual circumstance (I was drilling through steel plate and some of the metal shavings got into my phone pocket without me knowing, and I worked all day like that) but until that happened, it was pristine, and even with it has to be in just the right light/angle to be seen. Truly amazing stuff, and is an absolute MUST have feature for any future phone I will buy, period. :)

Now if I could just keep from getting dust under the screen...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I've had a naked D1 and DI and now a X...Never a mark on them.....

cpjr

Reaction score
Droid X since launch.....no case, no screen protector ever, thrown in pocket and no damage at all.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
None of the choices. I baby all the phones that I have had. No screen protector, but I keep the Droid in a case. Have 2 cheap cases, one a $15 fake leather and the other an on closeout $10 real leather sleeve from Verizon for when I keep it in my pocket. Have no need for any of the overpriced cases listed. No scratches, dents or any damage at all.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i had the same droid from the day it was released until about a month ago and it had one tiny nick in the bezel on the front you had to look for it to see but it bothered me and i have never had a any kind of case on it.

i ended up having to get a replacement from asurion about a month ago and the new one is flawless.

i dont baby my phone but i just take care of my belongings. I also work outside on boats and on im out the water 4 or 6 days a week.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally I had a Zagg screen protector for about 20 seconds, and for several months nothing until I got a Seidio extended battery. Then I got one of their cases. I've always carried my Droid in a holster and there's been no damage (so far).