is widget locker eating anyone else's battery life?

billyk

Reaction score
Well, as of day 1 with WidgetLocker, there's no appreciable difference in battery life. I am at the same level as every other work day since 9/8.

I think this app is a keeper!

gkitab

Reaction score
I installed and my battery life went to hell... i deactivated it and it came back to normal... just wondering if its just me

I havent tried it on my D3, but on my X2 I noticed an immediate impact on batt so I removed and my problem went away. Just got my D3 so im not sick of the lock screen yet. Even if I got tired of my lock screen I wouldnt used widget locker after seeing what it did to my X2 batt. Makes sense to use a significant amount more since it is always running.

DELUXDroid

Reaction score
WidgetLocker is a MASSIVE battery hog. Not sure why. I was using it with absolutely NO WIDGETS even and it still was killing my battery about 200-300% faster. Uninstalled WidgetLocker and I went back to about 20-30% battery consumption per day.

I don't recommend using it until they resolve their battery consumption bugs.

DELUXDroid

Reaction score
Also worth pointing out that GoLauncher just released GoLocker which integrates into it. It's very limited in features right now though, nowhere near as cool as WidgetLocker. It's also free.

DELUXDroid

Reaction score
Running the updated version so far and it seems to be fixed. 4 hours after disconnecting and I still have a full battery. It would have been at 50% by now if the bug was still present.

Also... the ICS Lock Screen is absolute baller! I customized mine to have 4 points to it and moved it into the center. Loving it...

t1.8matt

Reaction score
No prob with battery, on my d2g or my d3.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

DELUXDroid

Reaction score
Yea they definitely fixed the bug. I can go 16 hours now while consuming only 30%-40% of the battery. :) :)

pinback

Reaction score
I used it and loved it. But it drained my battery horribly as well. Haven't used it for some time now and have been fine.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

ethanw

Reaction score
from 100% to 75% in 1.5 hours

I just got widget locker last night LOVE IT, but I don't like the battery drain I'm getting. I'm running it on a Thunderbolt. The weird thing is that it doesn't show up in battery usage. The phone is not running anything else that it doesn't usually run. I emailed the dev., so we'll see. What I've been using on the lockscreen: 2 standard android icon bars with flashlight, phone, LTE on/off, and ringer profile select. One of them has a button for unlock in the middle. I'm running the sense 3 theme with camera, camcorder, Poweramp, navigation, and vlingo shortcuts. I checked my running apps/services and there are no out of the ordinary apps on. Ideas?