is widget locker eating anyone else's battery life?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by jimikeys, Aug 31, 2011.

1. jimikeys

jimikeys New Member

I installed and my battery life went to hell... i deactivated it and it came back to normal... just wondering if its just me
  2. DC 1127

DC 1127 New Member

When i first started using it, i noticed a slight difference but not too much.

Liberated D2
  3. brad92

brad92 New Member

I didn't notice any difference.

random rom'd X
  4. jimikeys

jimikeys New Member

i don't know whats wrong i can be fully charged and use it and my battery will drop from 99 to 60 within an hour and will be dead within like 2 or 3 hours...its so strange, i usually get 7 to 27 hours depending on use... not 3 hours doing nothing
  5. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member Premium Member

I've had it since a few days after the 14th.. noticed no difference.
  6. jimikeys

jimikeys New Member

is there anyway to see if an app is causing a conflict with widget locker? i am getting intense drainage with it on but the general opinion is i'm the only one...its annoying going from 100% charge to 60% in less than 2 hours without touching the phone...and my battery is constantly hot...i'm befuddled.
  7. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

What do you have on the widgetlocker homescreen? Widgets that are trying to pull data? Constantly updating?

Also, make sure its not in "easy wake" mode. I.E. all hardware buttons wake the device. I have my phone in my pocket and it would constantly causing pressure on the button, waking the screen in my pocket.
  8. jimikeys

jimikeys New Member

i have the vilingo widget, and a premier league widget but i turned up the automatic update and i have the news republic widget but i also turned off it's automatic update, extended controls widget... plus one app icon that pulls in no data and the date and time widget that comes with it.

easy mode is on but its not being a problem for me...i keep the phone in its case and holster all of the time....

i'm going to try switching to my extended battery and see what happens....then see if i remove the widget that use data...maybe they r still calling for data somehow...

very frustrating
  9. Berniep

Berniep New Member

I found this old (well not so really old) thread with my same problem. I had horrible battery life on my new bionic to the point it wouldn't even go 6 hours without a charge and that is unacceptable, I was ready to go back to my iphone. In desperation I did a factory reset and slowly started putting apps back on it in roughly reverse order that i put them on the first time. Battery life was great after 14 hours of regular to heavy (for me) use I still had 30 to 40 percent left. Now this I could live with. When I got to widget locker horrible battery life came back. Today, 3 hours and 55 minutes and it was down to 50 percent. I uninstalled it and charged it back up to 100 percent with a car charger and after 10 hours of heavy use, lots of app downloading, zynga type game playing, skype experimenting, map browsing and at least an hour of voice calls I am still at 30 percent. widget locker never showed up in any battery monitors that I tried.

I love this app!! I need this app!! But I cant have this short battery life.
    I will email the app creators hopefully I can have my widget locker back soon.
  10. yearn

yearn New Member

Ive tried WidgetLocker several times on multiple devices running all different ROMs. it ALWAYS seems to noticeably reduce my battery life. i like the app but its just not worth it to run it for me.
  11. jeffgraper

jeffgraper New Member

I tried it on my D3 and noticed an increase in battery drain with only the stock clock widget. Also noticed that the phone was significantly "warmer" than without the program. Uninstalled, now battery life and temperature is back to normal.
    Since I use Go Launcher EX and lots of Go widgets, i wonder if the combination is part of the problem. Any one having battery drain also using Go apps?
  12. Berniep

Berniep New Member

Ok so I contacted the developer and he said that while he had lots of bionic users who had no problems he did have a beta that had a work around for a similar problem in the moto photon.
    He set me up with the beta version and its great. No more battery drain. 17 hours and still at 30 percent. Have to say that's the fastest response I ever got from a software developer. Heck it may be the only response I ever got. Love this program.
  13. spillner

spillner New Member

Contacted the dev and he is working on an update that corrects the issue. Its being beta tested now with good results.
  14. billyk

billyk New Member

Bionic user here on my first day with WidgetLocker. Seems like normal battery usage so far. Maybe my version already has the update spoken about earlier in this thread?

It's a GREAT app. It really increases the usability of the Bionic. I sincerely hope that I don't see battery issues over time with this app, as it will be a bummer to have to chuck it.
  15. jeffgraper

jeffgraper New Member

V2.2.1 is on the market and seems to fix the Motorola battery drain issues.
  16. billyk

billyk New Member

Well, as of day 1 with WidgetLocker, there's no appreciable difference in battery life. I am at the same level as every other work day since 9/8.

I think this app is a keeper!
  17. gkitab

gkitab New Member

I havent tried it on my D3, but on my X2 I noticed an immediate impact on batt so I removed and my problem went away. Just got my D3 so im not sick of the lock screen yet. Even if I got tired of my lock screen I wouldnt used widget locker after seeing what it did to my X2 batt. Makes sense to use a significant amount more since it is always running.
  18. DELUXDroid

DELUXDroid New Member

WidgetLocker is a MASSIVE battery hog. Not sure why. I was using it with absolutely NO WIDGETS even and it still was killing my battery about 200-300% faster. Uninstalled WidgetLocker and I went back to about 20-30% battery consumption per day.

I don't recommend using it until they resolve their battery consumption bugs.
  19. DELUXDroid

DELUXDroid New Member

Aha... I'll check this out.
  20. DELUXDroid

DELUXDroid New Member

Also worth pointing out that GoLauncher just released GoLocker which integrates into it. It's very limited in features right now though, nowhere near as cool as WidgetLocker. It's also free.
Search tags for this page

does go locker drain battery

does go locker drain your battery
does go locker reduces battery

does widgetlocker drain battery

does widgetlocker use a lot of battery

go locker battery drain

go locker battery usage
low cpu launcher
widget locker takes up battery

widgetlocker battery drain

widgetlocker drain battery