is widget locker eating anyone else's battery life?

jimikeys

Reaction score
I installed and my battery life went to hell... i deactivated it and it came back to normal... just wondering if its just me

DC 1127

Reaction score
When i first started using it, i noticed a slight difference but not too much.

Liberated D2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't notice any difference.

random rom'd X

OP
J

jimikeys

Reaction score
i don't know whats wrong i can be fully charged and use it and my battery will drop from 99 to 60 within an hour and will be dead within like 2 or 3 hours...its so strange, i usually get 7 to 27 hours depending on use... not 3 hours doing nothing

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had it since a few days after the 14th.. noticed no difference.

OP
J

jimikeys

Reaction score
is there anyway to see if an app is causing a conflict with widget locker? i am getting intense drainage with it on but the general opinion is i'm the only one...its annoying going from 100% charge to 60% in less than 2 hours without touching the phone...and my battery is constantly hot...i'm befuddled.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What do you have on the widgetlocker homescreen? Widgets that are trying to pull data? Constantly updating?

Also, make sure its not in "easy wake" mode. I.E. all hardware buttons wake the device. I have my phone in my pocket and it would constantly causing pressure on the button, waking the screen in my pocket.

OP
J

jimikeys

Reaction score
What do you have on the widgetlocker homescreen? Widgets that are trying to pull data? Constantly updating?

Also, make sure its not in "easy wake" mode. I.E. all hardware buttons wake the device. I have my phone in my pocket and it would constantly causing pressure on the button, waking the screen in my pocket.

i have the vilingo widget, and a premier league widget but i turned up the automatic update and i have the news republic widget but i also turned off it's automatic update, extended controls widget... plus one app icon that pulls in no data and the date and time widget that comes with it.

easy mode is on but its not being a problem for me...i keep the phone in its case and holster all of the time....

i'm going to try switching to my extended battery and see what happens....then see if i remove the widget that use data...maybe they r still calling for data somehow...

very frustrating

Berniep

Reaction score
I found this old (well not so really old) thread with my same problem. I had horrible battery life on my new bionic to the point it wouldn't even go 6 hours without a charge and that is unacceptable, I was ready to go back to my iphone. In desperation I did a factory reset and slowly started putting apps back on it in roughly reverse order that i put them on the first time. Battery life was great after 14 hours of regular to heavy (for me) use I still had 30 to 40 percent left. Now this I could live with. When I got to widget locker horrible battery life came back. Today, 3 hours and 55 minutes and it was down to 50 percent. I uninstalled it and charged it back up to 100 percent with a car charger and after 10 hours of heavy use, lots of app downloading, zynga type game playing, skype experimenting, map browsing and at least an hour of voice calls I am still at 30 percent. widget locker never showed up in any battery monitors that I tried.

I love this app!! I need this app!! But I cant have this short battery life.
I will email the app creators hopefully I can have my widget locker back soon.

yearn

Reaction score
Ive tried WidgetLocker several times on multiple devices running all different ROMs. it ALWAYS seems to noticeably reduce my battery life. i like the app but its just not worth it to run it for me.

jeffgraper

Reaction score
I tried it on my D3 and noticed an increase in battery drain with only the stock clock widget. Also noticed that the phone was significantly "warmer" than without the program. Uninstalled, now battery life and temperature is back to normal.
Since I use Go Launcher EX and lots of Go widgets, i wonder if the combination is part of the problem. Any one having battery drain also using Go apps?

Berniep

Reaction score
Ok so I contacted the developer and he said that while he had lots of bionic users who had no problems he did have a beta that had a work around for a similar problem in the moto photon.
He set me up with the beta version and its great. No more battery drain. 17 hours and still at 30 percent. Have to say that's the fastest response I ever got from a software developer. Heck it may be the only response I ever got. Love this program.

spillner

Reaction score
Contacted the dev and he is working on an update that corrects the issue. Its being beta tested now with good results.

billyk

Reaction score
Bionic user here on my first day with WidgetLocker. Seems like normal battery usage so far. Maybe my version already has the update spoken about earlier in this thread?

It's a GREAT app. It really increases the usability of the Bionic. I sincerely hope that I don't see battery issues over time with this app, as it will be a bummer to have to chuck it.

jeffgraper

Reaction score
V2.2.1 is on the market and seems to fix the Motorola battery drain issues.